Walther Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Father-in-law has had some recent health issues come up. He asked if I could take the guns from their home and clean them all up.

So, decided to dig into this little guy which hasn’t really seen any hard use, but also hasn’t seen any internal oiling in a decade or two either.

Over all I’m pretty impressed with the quality of the work on the parts of this little knock-off. It’s also just as much fun to fully disassemble and reassemble as it’s German original.

Couple bits of light rust on the slide. (No doubt it’s where my father-in-law last pinched it, putting it back into the box.)

554C96EB-9EC6-42D7-ACB0-FA44687903C6.jpeg
268DE022-9E41-4734-A6AF-C4E97F35F19D.jpeg

·
Registered
163 Posts
Those are well made pistols and very accurate at the distances they will normally be used. A bit smaller than the PA63 made in 9x18mm Makarov but pretty much the same design. The double action will be pretty stiff but single action should be nice. Recoil is likely snappy; the PA63 certainly is and I wouldn't want to put a large number of rounds through one in a single session.

If you're OK with a .380, then the SMC 380 will be a great carry pistol. The Hungarians make excellent guns.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts