·
Registered
3,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
3,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The one we had in the shop broke before it was sold. It went back to Hudson and hasn't come back yet.

Any idea what the issue was with this returned H9?

Reports of the frame mounted guide rod working loose was what had me not buying the H9 when it dropped to $900.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Slide stop on a guys that he bought from SPB NRH snapped off after only a magazine and he was pretty miffed about it. I looked at it (I found the part in the range), and my first thought was - dang that is thin metal. Don't know if he ever got it fixed or not - haven't seen him with it at the range.

I haven't been impressed with it personally and have fondled it a bit and shot one too.

·
Super Moderator
7,681 Posts
There was one out on the counter at a shop in Florida; asked the guy if he minded if I looked at it.
After he okayed it, I touched it, and he took me off at the knees.
To him, look meant look.
In any case, it looked intriguing, but the asking was $1500 IIRC.
Moon

·
Premium Member
3,973 Posts
They've been way too spendy for what they are, IMHO … which is to say a new, unproven design that's had a few issues. I kinda want one, but the H9's need to be around 6 Benjamins and have 3ish years under their belt for me to give them much thought.

Reactions: halfmoonclip

·
Administrator
3,028 Posts
Slide stop on a guys that he bought from SPB NRH snapped off after only a magazine and he was pretty miffed about it. I looked at it (I found the part in the range), and my first thought was - dang that is thin metal. Don't know if he ever got it fixed or not - haven't seen him with it at the range.

I haven't been impressed with it personally and have fondled it a bit and shot one too.
The point of the design (I think) is recoil and flip mitigation. Quality issues aside, does the gun at least achieve the goal of less muzzle jump and recoil??

·
Registered
3,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Post H9 firing, OF and I both agreed, decreased "flip", with increased recoil "snap" (straight back, into the thumb area of dom hand palm).

·
Super Moderator
7,681 Posts
I have a Chiappa bottom-chamber revolver, and the recoil is indeed straight back into a very ergonomic grip. Mine is only a 9mm; wonder what the magnum version is like?
High bore axis was one of the sins of the S&W autos.
Moon

·
Super Moderator
7,681 Posts
Sorry, Geo', but Blitz's version is more poetic. Suspect it's altered from a Judy Collins tune, The Moon Is A Harsh Mistress. :D

All that said, physics is like gravity; it never takes a day off.
Moon

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
Had not thought about that tune in a very long time.

Actually it was triggered by my experiences when I was still doing track day events at Mid Ohio Sports Car Course, and the ongoing vintage racing of my employer.

Reactions: halfmoonclip
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.