Walther Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a Walther collector based in the UK (yes it is possible) and am considering a HP which is being offered to me - price aside...

I wonder if you could assist me with the dating of this example which has the serial No. 7024 with black checkered grips, I attach a couple of pictures.

BTW, this is not a deactivated firearm, thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
Registered
592 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick response! In addition, a detail that is confusing me are the grips. According to what I have managed to find in my searches the moulded grips should be the brown-ridged type as opposed to the black chequered as fitted?

·
Registered
261 Posts
Thanks for the quick response! In addition, a detail that is confusing me are the grips. According to what I have managed to find in my searches the moulded grips should be the brown-ridged type as opposed to the black chequered as fitted?

Yes, those appear to be postwar grips, design was similar to the early 480 grips but this has the squared lanyard loop recess of the postwar version.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks to all for the replies and suggestions, the stamp FWD of the trigger guard on the LHS is the UK proof house mark. *All firearms in the UK have to have such a proof mark else they are unable to be traded or fired (legally). *Any idea's on the date for the S/N 7024?

·
Registered
22 Posts
UKvsUSA

I had the opportunity to visit your country a few years ago, lovely place. How are you able to collect there? I have over 30 WW1 & 2 pistols, among other guns, and could never live there due to their gun policies.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi and yes the law's here are fairly tough though gun crime is very low as a consequence. There are ways to legally acquire pistols here in the UK, it's considered a 'Historic Collection' as opposed to firearms you wish to own for other use such as Target or Vermin. Being able to own and posses a firearm is a privilege and not a right so hence not so many people have such things. There are quite a few in my collection as well as what we are allowed to keep at home - in a safe!

·
Registered
413 Posts
One of the reasons i will never return to that island,, people are back to being serfs again, and my gun collection would be most unwelcome.

·
Premium Member
1,482 Posts
There are ways to legally acquire pistols here in the UK, it's considered a 'Historic Collection' as opposed to firearms you wish to own for other use such as Target or Vermin.
Are you allowed to shoot them or are they for display only ?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Current firearms in my collection; Mauser C96, PPK - 22LR, PPK - 32ACP, PP - 32ACP, FEG AP6 - 32ACP, Model 5 - 25ACP, Model 4 - 32ACP, Walther P38, Mauser P38, P1, Armalon (Springfield) XMD, Moravian Arms MLP - 32, NAA deringer - 22, Taurus LBP - 357 Magnum, Grand Power K22 - 22LR, Ruger 10/22, Ruger American - 22LR, Beretta 1301 10 shot 12G, Hatsan mag fed 10 shot 12G, H&K MP5 - 22LR, Hatsan 20G. And yes they are all legally held and yes they all go bang. The HP is now on order...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ringde, remind me what happens there? Thought this was a forum to all things Walther and share our thoughts and experiences, maybe I'm wrong and you're right...

·
Premium Member
8,637 Posts
Nick you have an impressive collection and we look forward to learning more about it and how it was acquired.
Welcome to the Forums!

·
Registered
492 Posts
One of the reasons i will never return to that island,, people are back to being serfs again, and my gun collection would be most unwelcome.

Ringde, remind me what happens there? Thought this was a forum to all things Walther and share our thoughts and experiences, maybe I'm wrong and you're right...
Nick.

Assuming that you're referring to post #10.

You're not wrong at all. The “serfs” that he refers to can sleep soundly in their beds at night without having a loaded firearm within reach. The same “serfs” can go about their daily business without feeling the need to carry such a weapon on their person. The “serfs” require neither home-defense guns, nor carry guns, truck guns, trail guns, kit guns, etc. etc. - which is more than be said for many of those who live in the “Land of the Free”.

Freedom means different things to different people.

Balor

·
Premium Member
8,637 Posts
An interesting concept Balor and there are different types of freedom.

And yes he did "open the door" with his comment.

I'd love to see someone call a Crown Subject a "serf" to their face...:) That could make for an interesting interlude.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks guys for the support and comments. Having worked and travelled extensively in the US, including taking part in IDPA comps in FL I really don't see much in the way of difference in life style. The weather in FL can be quite warm however here in the UK I’m now making logs for the coming winter…

Keep up the good work and check out the practical shotgun comps;

https://www.ukpsa.co.uk/

1 - 17 of 17 Posts