Walther Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just joined and posted, then I realized I hadn’t introduced myself.

Been around firearms since I was 18,I hunt and precision shoot. But I have decided to become a gunsmith/armorer. Got the business side almost done. Application in process for my FFL/SOT. I’m focusing on smithing and doing on site armory services.
Until the application is approved, Im just doing free services for friends and family to build my reputation and have pictures of my work for the website. (And they are keeping me busy, lol). I am going to do this as supplemental income and retirement income once I decide to pull that pin). My day job is an Engineer/AEMT on a fire department, so working a 24/48 schedule leaves me a lot of down time (What better way is there to spend my time than working on something I really enjoy doing?)

At one time I ran and cleaned up a gun store that specialized in rare and hard to find firearms of the Class 3 flavor and the inventory was appraised at over 3-6 million depending on whose appraisal you used. I was hired by the LLC because the owner was going to prison for some nasty business he was doing. Me and the ATF had a very close relationship because of this, which I found to be extremely helpful contrary to popular opinion.

so thank you for allowing me to join and soak in the knowledge y’all impart to me

DocB

·
Registered
670 Posts
Just joined and posted, then I realized I hadn’t introduced myself.

Been around firearms since I was 18,I hunt and precision shoot. But I have decided to become a gunsmith/armorer. Got the business side almost done. Application in process for my FFL/SOT. I’m focusing on smithing and doing on site armory services.
Until the application is approved, Im just doing free services for friends and family to build my reputation and have pictures of my work for the website. (And they are keeping me busy, lol). I am going to do this as supplemental income and retirement income once I decide to pull that pin). My day job is an Engineer/AEMT on a fire department, so working a 24/48 schedule leaves me a lot of down time (What better way is there to spend my time than working on something I really enjoy doing?)

At one time I ran and cleaned up a gun store that specialized in rare and hard to find firearms of the Class 3 flavor and the inventory was appraised at over 3-6 million depending on whose appraisal you used. I was hired by the LLC because the owner was going to prison for some nasty business he was doing. Me and the ATF had a very close relationship because of this, which I found to be extremely helpful contrary to popular opinion.

so thank you for allowing me to join and soak in the knowledge y’all impart to me

DocB
Welcome from Northern Indiana enjoy the conversation.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts