Walther Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got this one from my father who brought it back from WWII. Can anyone tell me anthing about it? Date what the markings are and maybe value.

Walther PPK
.32 auto
On the left side it has:
Waffenfabrik Walther, Zella-Mehlis (Thur)
Walther’s Patent Cal. 7.65 m/m
Mod. PPK

It also has a mark that looks like a circle with a notch at the bottom with " RZ " in the center.

SN 822XXX

It has 2 mags one with a finger extension the other flat.

The holster is brown leather with a flap and a mag pocket.

Its has holster wear finish is about 80-85% brown plastic grip right side has a crack from the screw extending up about
1 1\4”.

Thanks.

G-36

·
Registered
45 Posts
Is the "RZ" in a circle on the rear, left side of the slide? If so, this is commonly refered to as a "Political Leaders" pistol and does carry a premium in value over a standard PPK. Does the holster have a Eagle/Swastika stamped on the front flap. Do the grips have an Eagle/Swastika molded into the grips?

The Eagle/Swastika stamps really add value to the pistol. Most don't have these stamps so I will assume they don't at this point. If the pistol is an "RZM" Political Leaders type, it was purchased by one of the Political Leaders in the early Nazi period, and I would guess that to be in the mid 1930s from the serial number of the pistol. The "RZM" is the Reichszeugmeisterei der NSDAP (spelling???) and they were the purchasing arm of the Nazi Party. The Political Leaders were required/requested to purchase a handgun and the PPK was chosen as the "Honor Weapon" or the "Ehrenwaffe des Politischen Leiters".

Many people say that this pistol was bestowed by Hitler for some meritorious service to the party, but the accepted information is that pistol was a ceremonial weapon granted by Hitler to certain ranking political officers of the Nazi party.

As to value, condition is everything and these tend to float in value. A pistol in approx. 95%+ condition with holster and spare mag is going for approx. $1200. With yours in 80-85% condition, I would guess in the $800-900 range. I have seen them selling in the $1600 range for nice rig; it is just how bad someone wanted one if you happen to be selling. These are excellent investments, and with a history linked directly to the NSDAP.

You have a nice pistol, keep it in the family to preserve it's history. Did your dad tell anyone the history of how he obtained the pistol? If so, keep this info with the psitol for future genenrations.

Abwehr

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
flyfisher,

Welcome! It sounds like you have a very nice pistol on your hands. Especially if it was one that your Father brought home with him. I will second all of what Abwehr has told you thus far. You truly have a very nice PPK from what you have described.

If you can post a picture, we'd all love to see it!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info---I was directed to a link showing other markings and found, with the aid of some stout reading glasses, the “Crown over the N” mark on the barrel and on the slide (right side).

If I can figure out how to post a photo I will. Are there any instructions anywhere?

Again, Thanks,

G-36

1 - 4 of 4 Posts