Walther Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have paid down on a Walther P-99 and will pick it up from a gun dealership Monday after Thanksgiving. It is a NIB Walther P-99 that is being resold for a customer (has the, box, test target, lock, gun sights, extra replacement handles and I believe two mags. We figure it has never been fired. My question is how do I know which brand of the Walther P-99 .40 cal. pistol I am buying? I see there are "P-99 Quick action, Compact and SW99 models and maybe more available".
Stamped onto the pistol, it reads in different locations Walther, P-99, .40 S&W, made in Germany, and imported by Smith & Wesson. It is very light weight; has an O.D. green color handle with metal slide. In tiny letters is also the letters "AD". Maybe the year made you think?
Also what IWB holster would be advisable for this type semi-auto? My thanks for any replies; just hope I will enjoy as concealed weapon here in Georgia..

·
Banned
1,007 Posts
It would be a 2003 model. It should have the AS trigger configuration, at least I am pretty sure about that.

I prefer the VM-2 by Milt Sparks for most of my holsters but I think there are a lot of good ones out there.

Enjoy!

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
I agree with Ogie.... 2003
it is the what Walther now calls the "AS" trigger or DA/SA
If it was a P99/QA it would say so on the slide

1 - 4 of 4 Posts