Walther Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having only owned Glock's before, I need some guidance on lubricating my new P99. The manual was not very helpful.

Do you lubricate/oil the P99 much as you would the Glocks?

·
Registered
356 Posts
I have been treating my P99s much like my Glocks in terms of points of lubrication, and I have not had any problems at all. BTW, I use very little lube. I do lube a bit where the barrel hood contacts the slide, and the slide rails on the frame. That's about it.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Ditto Mr. Lunde.... treat it like a Glock.
barrel hood, the top of the barrel, slide rails, and a drop in the trigger mechanism.
I use Rem-Oil or Lucas Gun Oil.

·
Registered
411 Posts
What I like better than Gunscrubber or brake cleaner, is the following:
I field strip the pistol, the receiver goes into the sink, that has been filled with very hot water and Simple Green. After allowing it to soak for 10 min. or so, I use an old toothbrush and scrub all the parts. I then rinse it in very hot water, and dry using an old hair dryer. It comes out squeeky clean, with minimal effort and expense. A few drops of Rem-Oil in the trigger mechanism, and on the slide rails and its ready to go.
The slide and barrel I clean with regular gun cleaning products.
After Gunscrubber melted the grips on a Sig P225, I stopped using it. I'm not positive how it will react with all the little plastic bushings etc. that are internal on many pistols. And long term it *has* to degrade the polymers and plastics to some extent.
Gunscrubber and Brake cleaner are just a bit too harsh for me to use.

·
Registered
411 Posts
I use the hot water/Simple Green for my Glocks as well, in fact after a busy range session, its not unusual to see 2 Glocks and 2 P99's taking a bath together.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts