Walther Forums banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
I think that we are good here.

Some additional go-power in your computer also makes uploading even the larger photos a snap ... no waiting time at all, and far easier on the eye to evaluate )or appreciate) the content of the picture.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Why can't you post an image from your PC into a post, like they do in Facebook? That's very simple.
Photobucket procedure it too complied.

·
Premium Member
6,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I fixed the original post, friends. Sorry it took so long; Photobucket blew their brains out last July and it's taken me this long to correct this discussion on how to post your pictures easily. Hope this one sticks!

-Pilotsteve

·
Premium Member
13,613 Posts
Where’s the best place in the forums to test a pic?
Anywhere......any post.....well, any of 'your' post. You can even edit your post, above to post a link to a photo.

I use imgur......its so simple. Upload your picture to imgur, after its uploaded to imgur, click on your photo and a list of links pops up on the right side. Find the link for BB Code for Message Boards & Forums and click the 'copy' button. Now past that link into your post on Walther forums.

This allows you to post the actual picture into your post.....not a link that someone has to click on to make it bigger. However, my girlfriend has some interest in the clicking to make bigger idea.

Just like this...here's a picture of the two guys doing the upgrades to all the PPS M2's.

·
Premium Member
1,635 Posts
The best way to present pictures is to attach them to the forum. Attached thumbnails and images are downsized automatically to speed up page load times and reduce lag for members who may not have the best internet. While the images may be smaller, clicking them will show them larger, and enhance user experience, the admins claim. :confused:

Okay, the once very detailed picture of an old advertisement now really loads fast, very fast I'd say, even much faster than it is good for my eyes. Unfortunately it's somehow difficult to make out the pistols interesting slide legend. It's just a side effect to live with. But anyway, it is only an old Walther Modell HP which is no longer manufactured today. So why should you see its advertisement at all? :rolleyes:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,635 Posts
Click the uppermost available slot, locate your pictures files and upload the data directly to the Forum server.
When you're finished with your post you'll find the image(s) will initially appear as a thumbnail below the post. Clicking the thumbnails will reveal the full resolution of your picture and allow the gurus and geeks to view your Walther in all its glory.
Yes, it used to be when the internet was young and slow. Today it's fast because the images are shrunk automatically (max. 600 x 600 pixels, max. 5.25 MB, see the attached chart below) that they can be loaded without any loss of time. The gurus and geeks don't need to see anything new anymore — they have seen all before. ;)

Attachments

·
Administrator
272 Posts
you can still use image hosting sites so long as they have https.

Lee

·
Premium Member
1,635 Posts
you can still use image hosting sites so long as they have https.
Yes, and as long the corporate network allows access to image-sharing websites at all. If this is not the case, then there is not much to see here in this forum.

·
Administrator
272 Posts
I forgot to mention this but also make sure that the tail end of the URL has a .jpeg/png/gif/jpg

it should work without it but typically, it's better if you do see that.

Lee

·
Premium Member
1,635 Posts
I have found a solution how to overcome the poor size limitation of 600x600 pixels, but of course only as long as the admins don't interfere. The disadvantage is that a BMP file takes a multiple of the size of a JPG file (about 4500 KB instead of 200 KB typically). This burdens the forum server with space and traffic. In addition, these photos need 20 times more time until they are displayed on the user's screen.

But it is still faster and more convenient than dealing with Photobucket or other hosts. Often they load extremely slowly or even not at all. Sometimes the links are incorrect or in the meantime the content has been moved or deleted. In addition, the display of the photos is not adapted to the screen size. A constant scrolling is the annoying consequence.

Is there really no chance to allow at least a resolution of 1200x1200 pixels or limit the size of a JPG file to maybe 300 KB no matter of its resolution? When I read the many comments about the unusable photos in different threads, then I suppose that I'm not the only one who is bothered by the completely out-of-date limit of 600x600 pixels in a JPG file.

Attachments

·
Administrator
272 Posts
I have found a solution how to overcome the poor size limitation of 600x600 pixels, but of course only as long as the admins don't interfere. The disadvantage is that a BMP file takes a multiple of the size of a JPG file (about 4500 KB instead of 200 KB typically). This burdens the forum server with space and traffic. In addition, these photos need 20 times more time until they are displayed on the user's screen.

But it is still faster and more convenient than dealing with Photobucket or other hosts. Often they load extremely slowly or even not at all. Sometimes the links are incorrect or in the meantime the content has been moved or deleted. In addition, the display of the photos is not adapted to the screen size. A constant scrolling is the annoying consequence.

Is there really no chance to allow at least a resolution of 1200x1200 pixels or limit the size of a JPG file to maybe 300 KB no matter of its resolution? When I read the many comments about the unusable photos in different threads, then I suppose that I'm not the only one who is bothered by the completely out-of-date limit of 600x600 pixels in a JPG file.

Hello there,

These are the current dimensions and file size for each file type:

Capture.jpg

We can get this changed if you would like but note that the larger the image is, the higher the file size.

Ed

·
Registered
18 Posts
I've followed the directions here on how to post via imgur so your photos appear directly on your posts like most other forums but mine and everyone else's are still showing as links. You have to click on the the link to see the photo.

Also, why can't I see mine or anyone else's avatars? I had an option to upload a personal avatar but it is not showing even though it says it is currently uploaded on the UserCP.

·
Premium Member
13,613 Posts
I've followed the directions here on how to post via imgur so your photos appear directly on your posts like most other forums but mine and everyone else's are still showing as links. You have to click on the the link to see the photo.

Also, why can't I see mine or anyone else's avatars? I had an option to upload a personal avatar but it is not showing even though it says it is currently uploaded on the UserCP.
Go to your User CP.

Look down the left side…find ‘Settings & Options’….under that, click on ‘Edit Options’.

Under Edit Options, scroll down to ‘Thread Display Options’.

See my picture below. Do you have those three boxes checked?

I posted the picture using Igmur....using the BB Code. Oh, and I can see your avatar....No Polymer. You really ought to try a PPQ. :D

·
Registered
18 Posts
Go to your User CP.

Look down the left side…find ‘Settings & Options’….under that, click on ‘Edit Options’.

Under Edit Options, scroll down to ‘Thread Display Options’.

See my picture below. Do you have those three boxes checked?

I posted the picture using Igmur....using the BB Code. Oh, and I can see your avatar....No Polymer. You really ought to try a PPQ. :D
OK, thanks. Everything is working now. I've never had to do that before, it's usually already automatically set up on most forums.

·
Administrator
272 Posts
Tinypic is not an HTTPS website and will be blocked by your browser.

Also, the code you used is incorrect. You need IMG tags which are provided automatically when using the Insert Image button. Simply copy/paste the URL itself without all that code in there.

However, you'll need to use a HTTPS hosting site like Postimages, or something else.

- JB

·
Registered
191 Posts
Can't do it

Anywhere......any post.....well, any of 'your' post. You can even edit your post, above to post a link to a photo.

I use imgur......its so simple. Upload your picture to imgur, after its uploaded to imgur, click on your photo and a list of links pops up on the right side. Find the link for BB Code for Message Boards & Forums and click the 'copy' button. Now past that link into your post on Walther forums.

This allows you to post the actual picture into your post.....not a link that someone has to click on to make it bigger. However, my girlfriend has some interest in the clicking to make bigger idea.

Just like this...here's a picture of the two guys doing the upgrades to all the PPS M2's.

Sorry, but I just don't understand any of this....could I possibly send pics of my gun by email or text to you , and have you put them on forum - if so, will send you your favorite bottle of wine...thanks, Joe

·
Premium Member
13,613 Posts
Joe, I'll send you a PM with my email address. If you'll send the pictures to my email, I'll get em' displayed in your thread.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts