Walther Forums banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
simply outstanding work! Thank's very much for taking all of the time and effort to show a complete disassembly of a P1. This demonstration is very useful information.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
once more Tanfoglio.... outstanding... wonderful .. super...

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
I'll make the same observation that I made on Tanfoglio's similar photo project on the PP.

This was a substantial undertaking, and Tanfoglio deserves a lot of credit and appreciative thanks from everyone. The photos illustrate clearly where the parts go and how they fit with one another, which is very useful knowledge.

A word of caution, however. This should not be mistaken for a disassembly manual. Actually taking the gun apart is not as simple as it appears and putting it back together can be frustrating unless one knows the techniques and the tricks. The P.38 easily can be damaged and parts ruined by incorrect stripping techniques.

M

·
Premium Member
1,792 Posts
Outstanding illustration~!

I would strongly suggest that the first step would be
to rack the slide back to check the chamber, next, remove the magazine.

Thanks again for the nice work!

·
WALTHER KING
2,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #29 (Edited)
Outstanding illustration~!

I would strongly suggest that the first step would be
to rack the slide back to check the chamber, next, remove the magazine.

Thanks again for the nice work!
@ All
thanks for the kind words

@ photohause
I prefer - if u not know the condition of the Weapon
1.) safe the gun
2.) then remove magazine.
3.) slide back to check the chamber.

If u first slide back ... and the gun have more rounds in the magazin -
you have not enough hands.......

If u are sure that the gun is unloaded
then as described

1.) safe the gun
2.) slide back to lock the slide in back position (easy with empty magazin)
3.) remove magazin

·
Registered
63 Posts
Thanks!

First time I've seen this, so I'm anxious to take my P38 apart. Please leave this valuable information up!

Fred Walther

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thank you so much for this post, this is why I have joined so many forums. The info you get on the better maintained forums can be priceless. I am printing of the pic log so I can make up a book. I am sure this took a lot of your time to post this, thank you again

·
Banned
1,543 Posts
The info is from Tan.

Recognize him for his without word photos to take down the P-38. Say it here now. He is here only when he wants to share and help.
Recognize Tan and say so.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Tanfoglio: GREAT WORK!

If anyone has a well used P.1 alloy frame that needs refinishing, it will need to be completely stripped to do it, and this is the perfect guide.

·
Banned
1,543 Posts
I bought a used book about a month ago called "German Handguns" by Ian V. Hogg copyright 2001, ISBN 1-85367-461-3 with a different P1/P38 dis-assembly sequence and instruction from Tan's.

I think Tan's is fine but in this book the sequence is different and just as good if not better (after clearing the gun and removing the magazine):

1. Pull slide back and lock by pushing up slide lock latch while gripping slide allowing to return forward into normal firing position.

2. Press trigger allowing hammer to fall.

3. Ease slide and barrel off the frame.

Slightly different but worth doing. After separating the slide and barrel from the frame Tan's instructions are just fine.

In this way you pull the trigger when the slide is back into fire position instead of fighting the mainspring of the trigger to ease off the slide and barrel. A bit easier in my opinion.

·
WALTHER KING
2,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
In this Version you must pull the trigger !
If u Safety first you must not pull the trigger any time to put the slide down

Do u know how many UD by Glock dissasembley,
this is a reason for QA System you can decock befor dissasembley the gun

·
Banned
1,543 Posts
The trigger is pulled but there is no damage to the P38 in the original P38 design. If there is damage then the P38 is substandard.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts