Walther Forums banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Very helpful guide, but I have one question: What exactly is going on in the last two pictures in Post #10? I'd like to ensure my striker channel is dry as I think I got some lube in it when I cleaned it last. Does that end-piece of the slide just come out, and then the striker assembly? Or do you need to press/move something first to get it out?

Thanks!

·
Registered
79 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
outstanding PPS technical/instructional thread with perfect hi quality in-focus pictu

This is an outstanding PPS technical/instructional thread with perfect hi quality in-focus pictures and annotations, even. Well done indeed!

Thanks for all the work it took!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm not sure if this video had already been mentioned (I read this posting yesterday, but I don't remember seeing this), but I just made the swap this afternoon using this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMvxVnHu3Pk

There is a second part to that, which covers reassembly. I did the work in front of my computer, and it went very well. One thing I did which wasn't covered was to deburr the S disconnector with a stone, and I burnished 0.6 micron WS2 (Tungsten Disulfide) from Lower Friction onto all moving parts.

Also, not mentioned in the video is a small spring visible in the back left of the magazine well- make sure not to loose that, and make sure it stays in place when reassembling the pistol. Using the video, a few simple tools, and a little common sense, and you'll be able to make the swap yourself.

·
Registered
68 Posts
A very big thank you for this thread! I have a background in armoring and smithing modern military arms and this was hugely beneficial. I had everything unpinned and I didn't want to damage the receiver so I needed some guidance. My particular receiver came out very hard and required light tapping with a small hammer and plastic rod to prevent any damage.

Thank you again! Keep up the good work.

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
WOW! First few steps are very Glock like. I do like the complete assembly insert though. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
I've read the thread and am unsure about one point.
Can you leave the backstrap in place and never remove it? ever.
That is correct. I played with the one mine for the novelty, but haven't even thought of taking it off for any purposes in ages. The pistol will still field strip just fine.

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
Agreed, I've found field stripping no problem. How about disassembly like described in this thread?
The bacstrap comes off when you are performing a complete sear block and disconnector disassembly/replacement. The sear block on the M1 is completely different than a M2 model......which has no removable backstrap.

41 - 57 of 57 Posts