Walther Forums banner

21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thank you. Just wanted to know if the trigger pack could be removed for servicing or cleaning if the backstrap were permanently attached.

M
I am confused. When you look at the trigger pack and where the back strap nub inserts into the frame. That part comes out with the trigger pack.

I really thought you had to have the back strap removed to get the trigger pack out. Am I missing something?

·
WALTHER KING
2,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
IF u removed trigger pack - you removed automatic the back strap.

the question was

Is it possible to remove the trigger pack without first removing the backstrap?

Yes - but the backstrap come out then automatic.

·
Registered
8 Posts

the question was

Oh I gotcha now, but if you glue the back strap on with the trigger pack in, it wont come out then will it?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Cleaning without ever removing the backstrap "safety"...

I gather there a lot of gun enthusiasts who don't care for these types of safeties because of the potential of inadvertently rendering the gun inoperable.

Perhaps through a poorly fitting backstrap, wearing it out, it breaking, etc.

Is it perfectly acceptable (after confirming the gun is NOT loaded) to clean a PPS without ever removing the backstrap and merely dry firing to bring it into the same state for field stripping?

·
Registered
2,722 Posts

·
WALTHER KING
2,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
TANFOGLIO, have you tackled the magazine catch?

Just curious, I noticed that your grip frame still had one moving part left.
You right, magazin catch is still incorporated - I do not have him removed

It is disassemble light.... not all parts. :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
I am a Sig armorer, and on some of the guns we used to issue, when you took the roll pins out, you had to replace them with new ones (or at least, it was recommended by Sig). Is the roll pin that holds the trigger pack in reusable? I know it seems a silly question, but I haven't broken my PPS down to the nuts and bolts yet, and want to know if I need to have a spare roll pin on hand.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Same guidelines with the Marine Corps. I worked for five years in an armory and whenever we broke weapons down for maintenance, by the manual, we were supposed to replace those roll pins. Supposed to and always did are two different things though...

With that said, it certainly wouldn't hurt to have an extra one on hand because I have read a thread or two where someone did break it down that far and the roll pin warped from using the wrong size punch or hitting it too hard, leaving them SOL.

I've broken one down all the way and I was just careful to use the proper size punch and work it slow but steady. Put it together and the roll pin worked just fine and the PPS operates the same.

Hope this helps!

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts

the question was

Sorry, Tanfoglio, we have a language problem. What exactly do you mean,"the backstrap come out then 'automatic'"?

This is not your fault. I know English is not your native tongue, and my German and Italian are terrible. Could you please express your statement in another way?

Thanks,

M

·
WALTHER KING
2,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Sorry, Tanfoglio, we have a language problem. What exactly do you mean,"the backstrap come out then 'automatic'"?

This is not your fault. I know English is not your native tongue, and my German and Italian are terrible. Could you please express your statement in another way?

Thanks,

M
@ Mike,
I check your question and i check the gun by dissassemble again.
if you want to remove the trigger-pack assembly out of the plastic frame,
you must open the back strap first.

to release the trigger assembly from the plastic frame you must not open the
back strap.

in the backstrap there is a little pin who fixt him in the trigger-pack

I hope my english is now better

·
Registered
14 Posts
I know this thread has been quiet for a while but I have to give a big thank you to TANFOGLIO for his pictorial. My trigger reset has been less than smooth and I wasn't getting it as clean as I wanted until I followed these steps to get the trigger pack out, blasted it with CLP and compressed air and now the trigger is smooth as butter.

Thanks TANFOGLIO!!

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
I am a Sig armorer, and on some of the guns we used to issue, when you took the roll pins out, you had to replace them with new ones (or at least, it was recommended by Sig). Is the roll pin that holds the trigger pack in reusable? I know it seems a silly question, but I haven't broken my PPS down to the nuts and bolts yet, and want to know if I need to have a spare roll pin on hand.
I believe that pertained to the hollow roll pins only if my memory is correct. I do not think we need to replace the solid pins. I recall my older P220 has a two pin breach block arrangement ~ one pin inside another.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a question as to how to replace the disconnector. I purchased a new PPS that has a "heavy" disconnector (marked H) and would like to replace it with a standard disconnector. Is this something I can do on my own. My only skill is that I am a Glock armorer. Thank you in advance.

21 - 40 of 57 Posts