Walther Forums banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
WALTHER KING
2,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Amazing.... simply amazing...
I bet that took a lot of work.. I don't want to think about how many times you washed your hands while going back and forth taking the gun appart and washing your hands to take pictures

Das hat bestimmt lang gedauert und war sehr viel arbeit
Wie oft hast Du die Haende gewascht waehrend Du die Pistole zerlegt hast und Bilder gemacht hast
Always wear gloves.
All together about four hours.
I am glad if you like it

·
WALTHER KING
2,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
@ Mike
the barrel have a press adaptation (Press-Passung German)
the barrel change is not a Problem -
i check it with the 3D measuring machine - you need no special tools - it works when u carefully
if they do not use it with violence is not a problem

·
Registered
413 Posts
Many thanks for this, its been many yrs. since i tore down a PPK/S. The one i just got shows a lot of dirt, so its going to be torn down today.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Brilliant Exposition!

Viele Danken, Mein Freund. Wirklich!

Your generosity and wonderful execution is a joy to see and admire.

It is a wonderful historical, as well as useful detail of a venerable Pistole
that must be preserved.

Again, incredible.

·
Registered
2 Posts
This was a substantial undertaking, and Tanfoglio deserves a lot of credit and appreciative thanks from everyone. The photos illustrate clearly how the parts fit with one another, which is very useful knowledge.

A word of caution, however. Actually taking the gun apart is not as simple as it appears and putting it back together can be frustrating unless one knows the tricks. The PP-series pistols easily are damaged by improper stripping techniques.

It is strongly urged that no one be tempted by these photos to remove the barrel from the frame as shown. The barrel was selected for a press fit and NOT intended to be removed except for replacement.

Reinstallation of the barrel is best accomplished with a fixture that supports the frame boss against distortion and assures accurate radial alignment. If the frame boss is swaged slightly oversize by frequent or maladroit insertion and removal of the barrel, you will wind up with a barrel that wobbles. If the radial alignment is slightly off, driving the retaining pin back in may raise a bump into the bore. Neither of these iatrogenic happenings is easily or cheaply remedied.

M
Mike, you are astute with your "..The barrel was selected for a press fit and NOT intended to be removed except for replacement. ".

I have unsuccessfully been searching for the frame holding fixture for safely holding the PPK frame for
safe barrel removal. I have one for the my .45 Colt from Brownell. A tool junkie has no limitations in collection.

Have you seen any, found any, have pictures of any, or can point in the correct direction?

Many thanks.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Quote... "Neither of these iatrogenic happenings is easily or cheaply remedied..."

Iatrogenic?..... I *am* impressed.......... !

·
Registered
13 Posts
Even 4 years later, this is a timeless effort and a brilliant piece of work -- thank you for taking the time to document so thoroughly your disassembly!

I am not under any delusions that I could follow your tutorial, but it's nice to know the resource exists if I need to get under the grips.

·
Registered
6 Posts
A lot like the P64

I tore my P-64 down 2 years ago to have it Cerakoted. Many parts look identical, with a few that I don't remember.....
When I get my PPK next week, I'll have to give it a look- see.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Trigger guard pin

Can anyone tell me or show me how to remove trigger guard pin? I dont want use too much force. I tried push it out with stick and little hammer, but it move lightly to side but then it wont budge. Thank you

·
Registered
601 Posts
I need the little tuning fork to complete my all original parts.I do not know if Interarms included this fork or not.Please advise if you know.Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
9,923 Posts
I need the little tuning fork to complete my all original parts.I do not know if Interarms included this fork or not.Please advise if you know.Thanks.
Interarms/Ranger pistols did not include the olive fork. Those came with the Interarms-imported pistols.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts