Walther Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
For what I can see on your pic it's a late pre war or early wartime mag in a suitable condition. But please don't ask me about any rareness or a price on US-market as I'm from Germany... ;)

·
Super Moderator
7,548 Posts
Plainly, modern MecGars are a perfectly satisfactory substitute functionally, so it just depends on how badly someone wants an original.
My WWII PPK lives with a MecGar simply because I'm unwilling to spend 20% of what I paid for the pistol on a magazine.
Moon

Reactions: Redcat94

·
Registered
873 Posts
I agree and also follow what 1/2Moon does. My vintage PP 7.65mm is used with MeGar's at the range.
I keep the originals stored, but I did function test them both when I got the pistol to make sure they worked.

·
Premium Member
2,019 Posts
My vintage PP 7.65mm is used with MeGar's at the range.
I keep the originals stored, but I did function test them both when I got the pistol to make sure they worked.
I take the opposite approach and only use my Mec-Gars until I can get originals. I'll never shoot enough to wear out an expensive vintage magazine.

·
Super Moderator
7,548 Posts
If we ever get back to real gun shows, a guy who styles himself "The Clip Joint" often has old Walther mags. This will offer the opportunity to follow Redcat's example.
I've got some nice Ranger .32s that see most of my shooting anyway.
Moon

1 - 7 of 7 Posts