Walther Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the chance to take out a police chaplain shooting today. He has never fired a gun. I let him shoot my P99, P99c and P22. He had a really fun time. Whenever I take out a new shooter it is always on the house and I usually throw in lunch to boot. I figure if I get to take out 5-10 new guys a year I am doing my part in trying to introduce people to the shooting sports...How often do you get to take someone out shooting?

·
Premium Member
4,590 Posts
I guess since I been only shooting myself for about 18 months, I so far have not wanted to take out "new" shooters since I am somewhat new to it myself...
I am still trying to figure out if I want to join something like the IDPA localy.. but don't think my wife's scedule will let me do this on a regular bases....
I am planing on taking one of my close family friends shooting though within the month... we been talking about it but never made it....
His brother was in the Marine's, his dad over 30 years in the Army reserve and he has never shot a weapon... so it's about time..

·
Registered
225 Posts
I'm so new and don't know anyone who shoots, that I'm looking for people to take me.

But, we are going on a family trip to Las Vegas next month. My early 20's niece and nephew want to go with me to shoot machine guns. I also told my nephew and the same offer will go to my niece that if are interested in shooting I'll pay for their NRA and basic shooting courses.

·
Premium Member
1,792 Posts
Once a month sounds like a comfortable time frame to go again with a new shooter. This will give them time to digest, review, and get the juices going for the next trip. I would split the cost of ammo and lunch from now on, in other words, have them pay their share for their ammo. photo

·
Registered
32 Posts
i've only has my AS for about a month and i've already taken 7 people for a shoot.. we have a problem here in NZ where people are constantly trying to take our hand guns away.. trying to legislate me out of fire power

i try and introduce as many people as possible into all aspects of shooting.. the more people we have active and in clubs, the harder it is for ther haters to vote away my guns

1 - 5 of 5 Posts