Walther Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So first things first, i use Balistol on all my weapons..have been since i been into firearms. I love it because, its a all in one product. Cleans, preserves, lubes, etc. And i have had no problems with it. NOW, full disclosure i started out loving Glocks only (I guess i was a fanboy) and i am pretty sure what they like. So i guess my question is....does Walthers like a lot of lube? I know Glocks like to be somewhat dry but i have only had my lovely PPS for a few weeks. So am i good with what i like or does the PPS like it wet? And again i am not a glock guy. I have owned a kel tec, FN, and i have a XD.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Moving parts only need enough lube to reduce friction. They way I do things is I’ll put a drop of lube or two on a Q-Tip swap then apply the lube to the slide rails and other parts affected by the movement of the slide. I’ll also give just a quick shot of lube for areas that a q-tip wont get to.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Also use Ballistol exclusively. Regular cleaning & wipe down. After assembled I wipe a cotton swab LIGHTLY on rails and put a drop on top of slide. Rack it a few times & wipe the excess off the top.
Done.

·
Registered
69 Posts
No striker fired pistols that I know of like to be heavily lubed. And definitely be sure not to get any oil, lube or solvent in the striker channel.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
The PPS has an internal steel frame with rather large frame rails compared the smaller frame tabs in most poly frame pistols. When I lube my PPS I lube the entire slide rail on each side where it rides on the frame rails and also the entire frame rail on each side. I use a needle oiler to make it easier and to use less amount of oil but any way of doing it will work and lube does not need to be dripping off any area. I also lube entire exterior of the barrel and any shiny/scuffed spots inside the slide from metal on metal wear and anywhere else the manual says to lube. I usually use M-Pro 7 LPX or Slip 2000 EWL.

When I lube my firearms I would rather err on the side of a little too much lube than a little too little.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts