Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Asking for a friend.

And I’ve got a couple loaned out

·
Super Moderator
14,419 Posts
I can't count that high, so I had a friend count em' for me..... Ha.....best count seems to be 16. Then there's the extra grips, magazines, unfinished cast frame and boxes and errrrr' udder stuff....even a circus gun. That's a lotta stuff.

·
Super Moderator
7,530 Posts
mpgus, I think this qualifies as a metric poop-ton.
Pilk', you accused me of getting moist about TPHs.... ;) :)
Moon

Reactions: mpgus

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
That tool drawer is very nice! I’ll take the black one with the Nill handles.

I had one of the early stainless TPH models, just about had a heart attack when I saw a magazine cover with both a stainless PPK and the TPH. When I finally got mine it was a short relationship. Soon after I got the little pistol, it went back to Interarms. I can’t recall the reason - but I’m pretty sure it was a jammamatic.

Don’t see much being written these days about shooting the TPH. They sure look nice engraved and would be a classy gat for the pocket.

Would love to see a drawer full of TP’s . That looks like a pistol that might work - especially in a 22. Not sure if they made them in that caliber. I think the .25 is underrated in comparison to little .22 pistols.

Take some of those pistols out to the range and report on how they work, or ask “someone else” to give them a go.

·
Super Moderator
7,530 Posts
Have related this before, but the first TPH I ever saw was in the hands of a local Fed, it was German, with MMC adjustable sights.
The hook was set, and a local shop got me one. And another. And another. They were all Rangers, and none of them were remotely reliable.
Have had two more since; both ran just fine. The current one is mint.
They are a nifty pistol, but basically an entertaining toy. Some claimed TPH stood for "Tiny Pistol, Harmless". ;)
Moon

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Thanks Martin,

I know the TP is a rare bird here … are they common on the Continent ? How do they shoot?

·
Registered
219 Posts
I know the TP is a rare bird here … are they common on the Continent ? How do they shoot?
Getting a TP is not a particularly big problem in Germany. Currently two are offered on egun.de, price 125 and 189 euros.
But when normal, eligible buyers, for example hunters for using it in trapping, want to buy such a gun, they almost always prefer the successor model TPH, of which there are always offers as well.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I’d like have a TP, I have a model 9.

I’m also always on the lookout for air soft TPHs, or the Reck gas gun clones. Just missed one last week on egun. Both are rarer than TPHs themselves. Would like to have a Rohm copy as well.

Many long years ago I gladly bought a new Iver Johnson TP22 but didn’t keep it long because it was awkward trigger I occasionally see one these days and think about buying one to add to the clone category but haven’t spent that money yet.

·
Registered
67 Posts
That's a wonderful example of a TP. I have a little mouse gun collection and that would be a great addition one day

·
Registered
3,613 Posts
@153: Not really common, only ~15000 pieces were made. Acc. to Dieter Marschall 11253 pcs chambered in 6,35mm and 3417 pcs chambered in .22lr. Shoots great!

@pilkguns: The Reck clone is really crap, Röhm is a good copy (in quality).

·
Premium Member
1,990 Posts
I know the TP is a rare bird here … are they common on the Continent?
My local gun shop has always some of the Walther TP and TPH models for sale. The ones in .22lr usually sell a bit higher in price, but probably not because they are less common, but because hardly anyone in Sitzerland is interested in buying the relatively expensive .25 ACP ammunition. Because I rarely shoot, I prefer the .25 ACP versions myself. By the way, my .22 TPH is my only vintage gun that doesn't shoot reliably with SV ammunition.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts