Walther Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every now and then its nice to see the numbers :)

To date, approximately, how many rounds have you put through your P99?
And, have you had any problems with any parts?

·
Registered
122 Posts
My first P99 has at least 5k through it with no problems. All parts are are original.
My QPQ and Miltary have 1-2k each through them with no issues. All parts are original.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice, mine has about 5,000 of WWB through it and about 2,000 hydrashoks, Golden Sabres, and Gold Dots. What a great gun.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Well over 5000 on my p99c AS (9mm)... probably 80% Blazer Brass, 10% +P, 10% +P+ (Ranger). Replaced the recoil spring around 5000 rounds, better than ever now. If I could only keep one of my guns, it'd be this one.

Over 1000 rounds through the P990 (.40 S&W)... 80% Blazer Brass 180 grain and 20% mixed Ranger 165 and 155 grain.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Just past 400 with my p99 QA this weekend. I'm still having some trouble with group size, but haven't had a chance to work on smoothing the trigger yet. I've also got one magazine that routinely fails to lock the slide back after the last round, and yes, it is the baby blue follower on it.

On the up side, the first hand loads I put through it functioned just fine; 5.8 grains of Unique under a 165 grain rainier ballistics hollow point with cci primers in winchester brass. Groups at 20 yards were *terrible*, but I think its more heavy trigger then ammo, as all the factory ammo produced similar groups.

I also think that load is a bit much for my taste; I'm thinking of moving to a lighter bullet in another 450 rounds or so ;).

For refrence, the P22 we took out printed 20 yard groups I could hide with a quarter. The S&W Patrolman (.357) had one hole groups at the same distance. P99? 3 feet. Yes, feet, not inches.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Over 1000 rounds. First 500 were flawless. Then I started to have FT-extract problems. One case needed to be punched put with a stick down the muzzle. It had been scorched and the chamber also showed burned-on-residue. I attribute this to ammo that had powder on the outside because loading magazines had left my fingers black. It was cheap S&B that I bought over the net; not the familiar red, white, and green box. I have since taken to cleaning off the ammo before loading and the problem seems to be better.
After dry-firing with snap-caps several hundred times the DA trigger has smoothed out nicely.

Russell

·
Registered
68 Posts
Mine has 405 rounds through it, 2 50 rnd boxes of Fiocchi, 3 WWB. And 5 shot by Walther.

I had one failure to fire...I'm upset but have been unable to reproduce the problem.

·
Registered
32 Posts
my 2006 P99 AS is coming up on 2000 rounds without a single failure..

even when a guy at the range limp-wristed it.. never skipped a beat

·
Registered
225 Posts
I'm over 1500 since late April, bought used and its a pre-2004 model although it wasn't shot much before I got it. Only cleaned it twice so far. Before anyone yelps I'm cleaning it today.:D

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
I'm over 1500 since late April, bought used and its a pre-2004 model although it wasn't shot much before I got it. Only cleaned it twice so far. Before anyone yelps I'm cleaning it today.:D
A late friend who lived to be very old and wise once chided me --and there is more than a grain of truth in this-- "Michael, guns don't wear out from shooting, they wear out from cleaning."

His guns were much filthier than I myself would tolerate, but it is true, if one keeps a running score of posts reciting damage, loss of parts and other misfortunes, that a solid majority occur not while shooting, but when the owner decides to take the gun apart.

M

·
Banned
7,055 Posts
50 rounds Federal FMJ. 25 rounds Extreme Shock Fang Face. 25 rounds Golden Saber. Haven't been able to get a decent price on S&B FMJ ammo or I'd have grabbed a thousands rounds of it. May end up buying 1000 of the Federal FMJ instead. I've got quite a few handguns, so no one gun gets a lot of rounds fired through it. The P-99AS did function flawlessly so far, and was amazingly accurate right out of the box. I now have an UpLula mag loader so my only gripe about magazine springs being so stiff I couldn't put a full load in them is gone. :D

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
3 Posts
P99 AS 9mm. approx 22,000 rounds.

At approx. 20k I had to replace the slide stop spring. No complaints or malfunctions other than that. Bout $4 for the part. :)

P99 .40 AS Approx. 8000 rounds (really like shooting the 9mm more :))

Jacob

1 - 17 of 17 Posts