How many of you guys registered your Walther -

• Yes I have registered my Walther

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • No I haven't registered my Walther

Votes: 2 66.7%

How many of you guys registered your Walther

3K views 19 replies 17 participants last post by  denfoote 
#1 ·
How many of you have registered your Walther at the Walther website?

If so, what is the point of registering your Walther?

#2 ·
I think it's more of a marketing ploy than anything else. Most of the form is just to get a profile of you. I saw a disclaimer that said not completing the web form wouldn't affect your warrranty rights. Probably no impact at all if you didn't fill it out.

#7 ·
From what I can tell, it's just a marketing tool. Even at that, it seems to be as ineffective as their web site. I did it, but it was probably a waste of time. I haven't even received an email response, let alone any other info.

#8 ·
RyanSBHF, I think you were kidding when you said that, but what they meant to ask was whether or not people registered their guns with Walther at their company website, just as you might do with a new computer or a television. I don't think they were asking about registering a handgun with the police or sheriff's department (I'm pretty sure everyone has to do that though). But anyway, I never register products with the company or factory when I buy them, I don't think I would with a gun either. -Dave

#9 ·
[b said:
Quote[/b] (mikep99 @ June 28 2005,12:37)]How many of you have registered your Walther at the Walther website?
I did, and since I had to register my pistol in Michigan I didn't think it made any difference in privacy.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (mikep99 @ June 28 2005,12:37)]If so, what is the point of registering your Walther?
I don't know what the point is for registering at Walther, but I did it anyway, I guess to see if I would win something.

#10 ·
[b said:
Quote[/b] (DavePont @ July 08 2005,14:45)]RyanSBHF, I think you were kidding when you said that, but what they meant to ask was whether or not people registered their guns with Walther at their company website, just as you might do with a new computer or a television. I don't think they were asking about registering a handgun with the police or sheriff's department (I'm pretty sure everyone has to do that though). But anyway, I never register products with the company or factory when I buy them, I don't think I would with a gun either.  -Dave
It's entirely dependant on where you live whether or not you have to register with the city/state...most of the "free states" don't require such BS.

#12 ·
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Soybomb @ Aug. 15 2005,18:22)]...Might as well get any recall/fix information or anything that walther might ever decide to put out.
There's probably a better chance of them selling the list to some marketing agency than using it for product fix info, but I did it anyway.

#13 ·
I registered my P99 when I bought it 2 years ago. Like others, I've heard nothing since from Walther. But what would you expect of a company that can't be bothered to change its website in three or more years? (It's a pathetic disgrace compared to other companies.) Does anyone wonder how more popular their firearms would be in the U. S. if Walther showed the same interest in maintaining its website that Beretta, Kimber, SIG, etc. do?

#14 ·
Ummm,
I did register my walther P99/AS with Smith&Wesson,,,, since they are the one that run the Website.... I also called them and told them that the internet site is a joke since they dont show the P99c yet and all guns on the site are pre 2004 models with the triggerguard hump...Also they show the P990 that was sold under Wlather USA (all those where bought by CDNN) they are now P99DAO ($450 @earl's).... they quickly send me a brand new 2005/06 info package.
Anyhow... I have not heard anything bad about the customer service that is offered by S&W....so I decided it won't hurt

#15 ·
Well I registered my .40 P99 too.. this time in the new Website.... the rigistration is a lil different.... there was a part where you could put in why you bought the gun..... AS discontinued.. is what i wrote in there....
other than that... 2 issues of some magazine... cancle it and you won't have to pay

#17 ·
Wow that is one long form to fill in. It is definatly all about marketing info. How does my enjoyment of Snowboarding effect my enjoyment of my P99? I don't know. It would be cool if they had a P99 Snowboard though. LOL

If anyone wants the link to the page, here it is...
Walther USA - Product Registration

For thoses who thought that this post was about registering you gun with the police/gov't... be happy you don't live in Canada. You have to register some pellet guns here!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.