Walther Forums banner

41 - 60 of 240 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
P88

I got my P88 back in 2005 or so. I found one unfired in the box with all of the paperwork, magazines and cleaning rod. I serial number is over 10,000. I haven't see one that high anywhere. I took it to the range last week and never had a problem.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have a P88.

Looked at the P88c, and it just didn't trip my trigger.

I like the P88, probably the last Walther 9mm I'll ever buy.

·
Registered
4 Posts
4 - P88's
1 - P88c

These coupled with several P5C's and a P5. Yes, I have a problem but these are the finest guns a left-handed shooter can find.

Prefer the P88 and P5C to anything out there. Not as excited about the P5 or the P88C but the are still nice.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
As a right-hander I quickly discovered it is easier for me to use my index finger to operate the right side decocker and magazine release then with my thumb on the left side.

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
Very nice, mosquito. I've never seen a P88 or P88C that I didn't like the looks of, especially if they are sporting Nill grips. :) And if the grips aren't from Nill but look like they are, well, that's OK, too.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have one of of each, both very early models- for which I desperately need factory boxes and manuals for....hint, hint:eek:)
Love them both because of what they are; The last of the real full size Walther, the P88 is a GREAT gun, in it's day one of the best. The P88C was designed poorly from the outset, they dropped the features that made the P88 great and what was left was a overpriced S&W 459.
I intend to buy a NIB P88 sometime this year, I've been on a P7 kick lately and still have a few to go!
Please don't throw rocks, I know most of you love `88c's it's all subjective of course!
J

·
Premium Member
26,070 Posts
No rocks, colonel, but it's my view that the P88C was produced to correct the faults with the P88. I like them both, but I prefer the compact version when it comes to range work.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
I, on the other hand, do prefer the original basic P88 design. Of course I have never even seen a P88c up close so I might think differently had I actually had one to try out. I am disinclined to use the manual safety. If I stumble upon one I'll try to add it to the collection for sure. Same with a P5c.
I like the look, feel, and one-finger controls as I use my trigger finger to operate the right-side magazine release and decocker on the P88.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Love my P88 full size, Nils wood. Ergomics are fab even in my smallish hands.
Very accurate, very tight tolerances. It's a fine machine!

41 - 60 of 240 Posts