Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many mags do you have for you Walther?
Average per gun?

I shoot USPSA and I need at least 4 to compete. P99 mags are not cheap. Some of the Glock guys have a dozen or so. The plastic Glock mag doesn't drop as heavily as my Walther's do and I don't like the idea of having them drop on gravel or a concrete floor if I shoot indoors. But what can I do unless they have a rug down....

I average 3 mags per gun. 2 of 3 are hi-cap.
All mags are factory.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Six minimum, normally around 10 (most are plastic and I have hicap ban phobia) up to 20 for my Colt and HK long guns.

Rockets Out....

·
Registered
30 Posts
Seven 15 round mags., three 16 round mags. and two 10 rounders. All factory, few with LEO markings.
These feed a 2004 9mm P99 QA and a 2005 9mm P99 QA.
Probably buy a few more from time to time. You can never have too many magazines.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You guys are making me feel inadequate...

I have 9 mags total...6 hi-cap and 3 10 rd. But I have 3 P99's...I don't see myself buying 7 mags per gun, at least I don't think so...I shoot one gun at a time and can shoot a long time before reloading.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I am very happy to read these responses. I have acquired 7 of the full capacity 16 rounders so far in addition to two ten rounders, glad to read I am not the only one that thinks this way that you can never have too many mags.

·
Registered
4,341 Posts
Well, I just picked up my 5th 17rd Glock mag today.

For the SW99 full size, I have 1 16 rounder, and 3 10 rounder. But, I have only had the gun 1 month.

Only 2 compact mags for P99 compact, but the full size mags fit that gun.

5 Mags for my Beretta 92 - 2 15 rounders and 3 10 rounders.

I plan to get another 16 rd P99 mag next week hopefully

·
Registered
65 Posts
Got 6 for my P99 40cal. 4-10rounds and 2-12

·
Registered
328 Posts
I have 5 for my P99(40).
need to get a few more .

I have 10 for my Steyr
I have 9 for my Astra A-100 (17 rounds each)

about 6 for my Hi Power

·
Registered
354 Posts
The min that I like to have is 6. Two carry, two for range, and two that rotate out my carry ones every so often.

On that not anyone know where to get the pinky floor plates for the p99c mags

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have a total of 9 .40 10 round mags. Other than the ones that came with the gun, I have only purchased 1 additional. When the floor plates would break, Walther America would just send me replacement mags. Once the separate floor plates were available, I just told them that I needed 1 spare for each of my mags. They sent them without question.

·
Registered
47 Posts
My 1911, which has been my primary has about 15 mags. Have about 5 for my wife's Glock. I buy mags whenever I can find good prices so they add up.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have 7 or 8 15/16 round magazines for my 9mm P99. I had three more before the BATF confiscated the ones I got from Kaehny in Germany about a year ago!

·
Registered
4,341 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (kkramer673 @ Nov. 17 2005,18:15)]I have 7 or 8 15/16 round magazines for my 9mm P99. I had three more before the BATF confiscated the ones I got from Kaehny in Germany about a year ago!
Tell us the details

·
Registered
12 Posts
Four for my P5 Compact, eight Walther and one non Walther for my P88s. Each of the P38s / P1s has a magazine and I forget how many I have. I don't shoot them.

·
Registered
525 Posts
4 - 15 rd magazines for the p99, they're just too expensive to have alot of, I'll spend some time reloading at the range, the included 2 mags from the compact (can slide in a full size if I need it), and I think 6 p226 magazines, at $18 each they're FAR more affordable....the mag price is really my only p99 complaint.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I knew I wanted a P99 so I jumped on an opportunity to get 6 pre-ban 16-round mags for a decent price a few weeks ago. Then yesterday I bought a P99 that included 5 pre-ban mags, so I have 11 mags for my P99.

I could probably sell some but I'll hold off for a while.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts