Walther Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many mags do you have for you Walther?
Average per gun?

I shoot USPSA and I need at least 4 to compete. P99 mags are not cheap. Some of the Glock guys have a dozen or so. The plastic Glock mag doesn't drop as heavily as my Walther's do and I don't like the idea of having them drop on gravel or a concrete floor if I shoot indoors. But what can I do unless they have a rug down....

I average 3 mags per gun. 2 of 3 are hi-cap.
All mags are factory.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Six minimum, normally around 10 (most are plastic and I have hicap ban phobia) up to 20 for my Colt and HK long guns.

Rockets Out....

·
Registered
30 Posts
Seven 15 round mags., three 16 round mags. and two 10 rounders. All factory, few with LEO markings.
These feed a 2004 9mm P99 QA and a 2005 9mm P99 QA.
Probably buy a few more from time to time. You can never have too many magazines.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You guys are making me feel inadequate...

I have 9 mags total...6 hi-cap and 3 10 rd. But I have 3 P99's...I don't see myself buying 7 mags per gun, at least I don't think so...I shoot one gun at a time and can shoot a long time before reloading.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I am very happy to read these responses. I have acquired 7 of the full capacity 16 rounders so far in addition to two ten rounders, glad to read I am not the only one that thinks this way that you can never have too many mags.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Well, I just picked up my 5th 17rd Glock mag today.

For the SW99 full size, I have 1 16 rounder, and 3 10 rounder. But, I have only had the gun 1 month.

Only 2 compact mags for P99 compact, but the full size mags fit that gun.

5 Mags for my Beretta 92 - 2 15 rounders and 3 10 rounders.

I plan to get another 16 rd P99 mag next week hopefully

·
Registered
328 Posts
I have 5 for my P99(40).
need to get a few more .

I have 10 for my Steyr
I have 9 for my Astra A-100 (17 rounds each)

about 6 for my Hi Power

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have a total of 9 .40 10 round mags. Other than the ones that came with the gun, I have only purchased 1 additional. When the floor plates would break, Walther America would just send me replacement mags. Once the separate floor plates were available, I just told them that I needed 1 spare for each of my mags. They sent them without question.

·
Registered
47 Posts
My 1911, which has been my primary has about 15 mags. Have about 5 for my wife's Glock. I buy mags whenever I can find good prices so they add up.

·
Registered
525 Posts
4 - 15 rd magazines for the p99, they're just too expensive to have alot of, I'll spend some time reloading at the range, the included 2 mags from the compact (can slide in a full size if I need it), and I think 6 p226 magazines, at $18 each they're FAR more affordable....the mag price is really my only p99 complaint.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I knew I wanted a P99 so I jumped on an opportunity to get 6 pre-ban 16-round mags for a decent price a few weeks ago. Then yesterday I bought a P99 that included 5 pre-ban mags, so I have 11 mags for my P99.

I could probably sell some but I'll hold off for a while.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts