Walther Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I was wondering how many rounds will i have to shoot through mine before my p99 is fully broken in, i have the 40 cal and w/ a full 12 round magazine full its hard to rack the slide. I know it has alot to do w/ spring tension, other .40 owners, when did your pistol loosen up some?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
whew thats an really stiff slide to rack! lol anyways, I am still glad to be owning a walther. Good stuff.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I have the 9mm version, but my experience was the same as Nocturnal. No real difference from 1000 rounds ago. Do you have the same problem with all your magazines or just one? Maybe that's the culprit....not the Walther.

Just a thought....

Jim

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
when i load just 10 instead of 12 it is easy to slide. So a full mag may be the culprit. I have the latest magazines the blue ones have not had problems yet.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
An option for you might be to lock the slide back before you load the magazine, then insert magazine and let the slide go by pressing the slide release lever or pulling back on the slide and letting it go.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have been doing that also P88. Usually after i shoot a magazine, I leave it locked back, and load a new one up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts