Walther Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And how do you put it back on? It gets really filthy back there. Just want to get it a little cleaner. Thanks.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Which one.......the extractor or the ejector? They are different parts. The extractor is the long part on the right side of the slide with the "hook" that grabs the case rim. The ejector is the "pointing finger" looking part that is on the top rear of the frame on the left, it is what "ejects" the round out as the slide reciprocates.
Either way, I'd just spray some gun scrubber or SimpleGreen around them rather than removing them.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
I agree with NM_P99, If I were you, I wouldn't remove either of these components.

Did you maybe mean the striker assembly?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmm...so no removing of these components and just keep cleaning how I've been doing...got it, thanks.

Now how about that striker assembly? Something to be done at home, or let a 'smith do it?

DJ

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
You can take the striker assembly apart at home, just be carefull with the little parts that are spring loaded. Mainly the decock button.

·
Registered
263 Posts
DJ E.,
The manual for the P99 has diagrams that show how to remove the striker assembly. Taking it off is easier than putting it back on, but neither is a terrible undertaking.
If you don't have the manual itself, it is also available online here; Walther Online Manuals

1 - 7 of 7 Posts