Walther Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was shooting my p99 today and had the target out to 60 ft. It was a NRA 50 ft. slow fire pistol target I think. I was hitting the black but it wasn't pretty. Kind of all over. Maybe that is acceptable. I don't know. I am still having difficulty with the 1st double action shot. It kind of gets away from me. I was thinking of moving the target closer to say 20 to 25' and concentrate on getting the pistol up and on center mass quickly and make my 1st shot count with two quick follow up shots. And increase my dry firing at home. How do you guys practice?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Lots and lots of dry firing and practice drawing at home. At the range I do the majority of my shooting at targets printed on scrap 8.5" x 11" sheets of paper at about 10 yards. My goal at this range is to keep my groups very close to the center of the target or just a touch high. Usually I am able to dump mags into one ragged hole. I will push the target out a bit futher as well but I don't make this my primary concern when practicing. I shoot a few different leagues where we shoot as far out as 50 yards (with a rest) and 25 yards (without a rest). Even with my practice concentration at the shorter yardages, I shoot very well at the longer ranges. I think the biggest concern with practice is to concentrate on correct shooting fundamentals. All else will fall into place after that...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts