Walther Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't how you guys get the spare parts for the P99. We hear how great and mighty this gun is, but as any gun sometimes you may need to get some spare parts. But as I can see, there's nowhere to get them.

I even asked Smith & Wesson just for the recoil part, and they keep saying is to call them and send my gun... All I need is the part, I don't want to send the gun. How can this manufacturer make it impossible to get parts ?? Yes, we can look at the parts diagram , but where can we get them???

·
Registered
13 Posts
This concerns me also. I wouldn't mind getting a spare recoil rod but haven't looked into it yet. My other autos are Rugers and it is real easy with them. They put their parts lists on line and a simple call will get them ordered. In some cases of breakage, they ship the part out free.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
I didn't have any problems getting parts when I called in. Admittedly they were only grip screws and the related inserts (for a ppk/s), but still, I called in the part number and they sent it out. Maybe you got a confused tech. I'd try again.

·
Registered
88 Posts
They must have many confused tech. because when ever i want any for my walthers they say i should send the gun in and crap such as that. I also have been displeased with their customers service in ALL areas. My 2 cents

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
I just called the 1-800-372-6454 number from the Walther America Website (which is rather weak by the way). Told the guy the parts I needed (with the part numbers) and gave him the old credit card number. Parts came from the Walther / S&W address in Springfield, Mass within a week.

Best of luck.

·
Registered
38 Posts
i did the same thing as MLB. i ordered from the customer service number above. they were very helpful to me. i just gave them the part number from my owners manual walther parts diagram, and the discripition of it and they sent them right out. i ordered a spare striker, striker coller, striker spring and return spring, recoil spring and guide rod assembly, and a front sight kit with the hex screw for replacing the bunged up sight on an older P99(1997) i bought. i got them by US mail in a little under a week. when you call, just tell them you want to order some parts for a walther P99. they won't ask questions. make sure you tell them the type of pistol, AS, QA, and caliber.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts