Walther Forums banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
I am happy to help if you need to track me down. You can send a PM to my account with the details of what you need done.
-Philip

Philip, please forgive me but that is not a workable solution. Few of us here who regularly refine our posts by editing after 5 minutes have elapsed are going to waste endless time composing another message to Administration describing each amendment by sentence and word that we wish to make, and then hope that you make an accurate correction. And I doubt if you really want to undertake that task frequently or in any volume.

M

·
Super Moderator
3,854 Posts
I edit a lot -- in part because there's no ready multi-quote option, so I'm forced to use editing any time I want to quote things from more than one source post. I also typo heavily when posting -- because I'm usually multi-tasking. I prefer to fix the typos rather than let them be.

Oh well.

·
Administrator
270 Posts
Hey guys,

I went through all our threads to see when they request was made to turn on the edit limit. I couldn't find anything so I think this might have been done by accident. The edit limit has been turned off for now until I hear otherwise. If it is being turned on in the future, we will communicate it here.

Niall

·
Premium Member
8,559 Posts
Great news and you indeed have my thanks for your response to our heartfelt gripes.

Reactions: admin

·
Premium Member
1,635 Posts
I went through all our threads to see when they request was made to turn on the edit limit. I couldn't find anything so I think this might have been done by accident.
Is it possible that someone limited the size of attached JPG pictures to 600x600 pixels by accident as well? The result is exactly the opposite of what was maybe intended. More and more people link external image sources by now, which leads in some cases to a very slow loading of the threads. Also the dimensions are often too big to fit the screen which requires constant scrolling.

In many cases no images are displayed at all because the links are broken, the content is deleted, or the corresponding servers are blocked on corporate networks. The latter and the often slow loading may not be a problem in the USA, but it is in Europe.

A doubling of the two values to 1200x1200 pixels is therefore absolutely necessary, because otherwise the attachment function becomes absolutely unattractive. The admins should have a look to some of the newer threads in the PP series sub forum. It is very difficult or even impossible to identify fine details like proof marks or stamps on a JPG file compressed to 40 KB or less.

·
Super Moderator
3,854 Posts
A heartfelt thanks for your consideration with regard to our user input -- and your handling of the situation(s)!

Thank you!

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Thanks for recognizing a mistake (or two) and correcting it! If nothing else, we can see from this thread that many of our members do pay attention to details, and not merely those pesky typos. Reversion to the historic norm will certainly help to make (some) posts worth reading. Once again, thanks!!

21 - 33 of 33 Posts