Walther Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I carry my  PPK/S round in pipe and safety off.  Iam left handed so safety is of no use to me .I am not worried i might drop my pistol and have a discharge I more worried about getting off the first shot. I carry my 45 locked and cocked as that is way was designed and PPK was designed for fast DA shot. What about you?

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
I would be concerned about carrying a PPK/S with the safety off and one in the pipe. Not for dropping it, but if the hammer gets a good whack (I can think of many ways this could happen) you may get one in the leg...

·
Registered
39 Posts
It would take a pretty good hit on the hammer since it is held back by a steel block that moves out of the way only when the trigger is pulled. I suppose it could be overcome by a really hard blow since it bears against the lower part of the hammer and doesn't block in the same way as the bar on a double action revolver like a S&W.

You can easily check this function with an EMPTY gun. With the safety off pull the trigger all the way back (you can lower the hammer with your thumb if you don't want to dry fire) and continue to hold the trigger back. While the trigger is held back you can push the hammer forward to contact the firing pin and when you release it the hammer springs back to it's resting position. Now release the trigger and you will see that you can no longer push the hammer forward since the hammer block is now engaged.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Sure enough, firing pin is blocked. I stand corrected. Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts