Walther Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an LP53, I'm not using it, and I'd like to sell it.

It has a dark blue (leather) case, barrel weights, wood cocking ball, and is in decent shape. How do I value it, and where is the best place to sell it?

·
Premium Member
26,071 Posts
You can sell it here, of course, in the trading Post section of the forum. Just be sure to read the rules of engagement before you post. Or you can offer it on one of the online auction sites, such as Gunbroker, or a sales outfit like GunsAmerica. Simpson's Ltd. has had a few LP53s for sale in the past year or so, with box, the wood cocking piece, etc., priced in the mid-$400 range.

Photos would help determine a logical value.

Hope that helps a bit. Good luck.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
selling an LP53

Thanks for the response - and the pricing info.
I'll look at the sites you mentioned....

This raises another thorny issue: Can I ship one of these to someone in the USA? (I'm in Canada)

·
Premium Member
26,071 Posts
I don't pretend to know a thing about Canadian laws and would be remiss if I pretended otherwise. Why not contact Joe Salter? He sells in and out of Canada all the time and would know the laws on both sides of the border as they apply to an air pistol. You can find him here:

https://www.joesalter.com/

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am little curious of how the sale went...I also have one sitting around and I also live in Canada...

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am little curious of how the sale went...I also have one sitting around and I also live in Canada...
just bought one fm ebay by a US seller, makes money transfers & security pretty easy. i could be interested in your pistol if you let me know, i could probably do the research on how you would have to ship it. currently there are no restrictions on shipping to Maryland where i live, tho there appear to be problems with other states close by, like VA DE NJ NY. should be pretty easy to find out the particulars, which i might be able to do for you

·
Registered
5 Posts
just bought one fm ebay by a US seller, makes money transfers & security pretty easy. i could be interested in your pistol if you let me know, i could probably do the research on how you would have to ship it. currently there are no restrictions on shipping to Maryland where i live, tho there appear to be problems with other states close by, like VA DE NJ NY. should be pretty easy to find out the particulars, which i might be able to do for you
Sorry i just saw this...I just dug it out

·
Registered
5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
looks very nice and complete. i recently bought a fixer-upper and finally got the parts i needed. maybe shoot it tomorrow. if you're looking for a US buyer, you might have to limit your buyers to those in states that don't have ridiculous restrictions on pellet guns.

·
Registered
5 Posts
looks very nice and complete. i recently bought a fixer-upper and finally got the parts i needed. maybe shoot it tomorrow. if you're looking for a US buyer, you might have to limit your buyers to those in states that don't have ridiculous restrictions on pellet guns.
i have a friend who does essential work across the border in NY and Vermont,i think he could carry over and ship from a UPS store...but maybe not from NY state(now that i read there are restrictions), over here if its under 500FPS its all good...I do fail to understand because the sports stores in Plattsburg NY all sell the stuff. But i was sort of hopping to hear from canadians that have shipped to the us direct...

·
Registered
4 Posts
i have a friend who does essential work across the border in NY and Vermont,i think he could carry over and ship from a UPS store...but maybe not from NY state(now that i read there are restrictions), over here if its under 500FPS its all good...I do fail to understand because the sports stores in Plattsburg NY all sell the stuff. But i was sort of hopping to hear from canadians that have shipped to the us direct...
i'll try to ask a canadian who might be selling a pellet gun on ebay, i think the fps on the LP53 is hi 300s to low 400s if that helps. btw, when mine didn't function yesterday i found the larger spring had broken, tho i have a new one coming fm England, if it ever gets through the postal system. have you thought about how much you want for yours?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sorry i just saw this...I just dug it out View attachment 96105
if you're still think you might like to sell your LP53, i am interested. it seems to be in very good condition and i'm looking for one with the brown grips. my "project" pistol has some problems and i would like to find a good replacement to compare it to.

regarding international shipping to the US, i think i have the info you need, fm both the RCMP and the US side. my email is [email protected] if that's easier than using the Walther site here. cheers!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts