Walther Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my dad has a walther-ppk that he got in 1967 or 68 0ff of a guy that got it will in the army.can you tell by the ser number,if so how. it starts with -221---. it came with 2 mags -with walther-ppk 762-mm on them. can some one help. thank you. email me if you can help.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
The year the pistol was made was stamped on the barrel inside the ejection port. If you can't see it clearly with the slide on, remove the slide and VOILA!
your search will be rewarded!!!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ppk

thank you very much. have a safe day.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
guns54
the above only applies to post war Walther's...
if you have a pre war or war time PPK go to www.p38forum.com and ask your question is that Forum. Dieter Marschall (from Germany) and a few others have a huge data base and they can sometimes pinpoint to the month and not just the year. The entire serial # will be asked though.....

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ppk

thank you.have a safe day.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ppk-32-acp

hi. i looked for my dad, and there it was 67 on the bl, plain as day. i think he only shot it maybe 4 times,not even a box of ammo.he got it while he was in german. a while back he had a water pipe break, and he was at my house all day,when he got home, it looked like a lake,he took it hard, lost most of the gun boxs ,cleaning kits that he never used. about 46 years of his life go in 1 day. thanks for the help. every one have a safe and nice day.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I do not believe that this holds true for the Interarms units does it?

I do not see any marks on mine except for the "N" or "W"-- not sure I do not have it with me. What does that stand for?

·
Premium Member
1,792 Posts
guns54 - thanks for the feedback on the sad lesson you dad learned with the house flood. I've been looking at a lot for forums lately reading about buying a new safe and many members member have mentioned about placing your safe up off the floor in case of floods.

Regards to all~Photo

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
I do not believe that this holds true for the Interarms units does it?

I do not see any marks on mine except for the "N" or "W"-- not sure I do not have it with me. What does that stand for?
You are correct.... info for the PPK only
.380ACP SS prefix "A"
.380ACP blued prefix "K"
.32ACP SS prefix "B"

I am not sure on the different prefixes for the PPK/S

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
house flood

hi. photohause,every thing that was in the safe was good, but he and i were boxing a lot of his things to take to my house,but if you have a good safe water will never get in, but any thing you can do to make you things safe you should do. there is know way he can replace what he lost. have a nice day and a safe one.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hi. photohause,every thing that was in the safe was good, but he and i were boxing a lot of his things to take to my house,but if you have a good safe water will never get in, but any thing you can do to make you things safe you should do. there is know way he can replace what he lost. have a nice day and a safe one. p.s. would like to say, a hands up for carl walther, a very fine man,thank you carl.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts