Walther Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you carry your extra magazine in your pocket or in some type of magazine holster? I realize LEO's have a big belt for carrying and openly show that they carry extra magazines, but as a civilian and perhaps in shorts, maybe it's not a good idea to show a magazine openly. In my pocket the mag will eventually accumulate pocket lint and that is also not good. So far I just carry the mag that is in my pistol with no extra mag. I just cannot get that Oklahoma Mall shooting out of my mind but realize a pistol versus an AK may or may not have been able to stop that terrible slaughter. Appreciate your thoughts on my method of carry and merry Christmas to all.

·
Registered
489 Posts
I have a single and a double OWB mag pouch.
Also have an adjustable Mika single pouch that can take any mag and be worn OWB or IWB.

·
Premium Member
26,071 Posts
Much of this ground (and topic) has been covered before in this forum. Even though the question was addressed and considered for folks using the PP/PPK, here's a thread that might be worth another look ... especially considering the areas of disagreement regarding whether it's a good idea to carry a loose magazine in your pocket.

http://www.waltherforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=6213&highlight=mag+magazine+carry

·
Registered
127 Posts
The thread that searcher linked covers the topic in pretty good detail.

For a quick answer to your question, I carry in a mag pouch on my offside hip whenever possible. Most of the time that includes being in shorts.

If I have to go extremely light, then I carry in my offside pocket. They make mag pouches that go in your pocket to hold the magazine in the right orientation to make it easy to draw.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How and where do you carry an extra mag?

My thanks to everyone for your suggestions. THe P-99 forum is a good read. Merry Christmas.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts