Walther Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been trying to get on the site since Fri, but never could get it to come back up. Glad to see it's back...

Anyway, I went to the large Houston gunshow on Sat. I was really trying to find a green Walther P99 A/S full size in 9mm. I had no luck (not even in black). I found the A/S in .40 cal, a compact 9mm in A/S, and a full size QA. All were black too. I found the S&W version reduced to $439, though. It was about $100 less than the 99QA 9mm or the .40 cal A/S.

I've pushed my luck as much as I can, and I cannot find an A/S p99 w/o ordering from the net (I've had several places look - although I did recently get a compact A/S Walther). I held the .40 cal Walther P99, however, and compared it to the S&W 99. I actually prefered the grip on the Smith and Wesson. It felt more comfortable. So, I went ahead and got that, at an awesome price.

So, now I have a compact Walther 99 A/S and the full size 9mm S&W 99

Pic from my range trip on Sunday

three to the head and 1 in the chest

·
Registered
4,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Stoping Power @ Oct. 18 2005,11:04)]congratulations friend nice weapons

the sw99 is a AS or the DAo?
It is an A/S - although S&W doesn't call it that. From what I understand, all S&W 99s are A/S. Then, they make a S&W 990L that is DA

·
Registered
821 Posts
How does she shoot? Looks like you did pretty good from looking at that picture up there. I've always wondered about those SW99s, heck, they may discontinue them here when the M&P distribution picks up!

-stunks

·
Registered
4,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Shoots very well. I reeally like the SA trigger. I am very happy :p

I also like being able to actually change my own sights

1 - 5 of 5 Posts