Walther Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
On my last trips to the range it was still doing it. So I am going to try some of Sig’s self defense rounds and see how that cycles.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had the same issue with my PPS .40 cal. I reached out to walther and they warranty replaced my recoil spring assymbly. I have not had one feed failure since and I've put cheap fmj ammo through it and even steel case brands. Very pleased with it and Walther support team.

·
Registered
4 Posts
That’s a great idea I just assumed it was an ammo issue. I was actually thinking of replacing the spring and guide rod with a lake line “stainless recoil assembly”. Thanks.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Prefer HST from Federal myself in my PPS. Never had a single issue with it and the 124gr win many of the ballistics tests. See Shootingthebull410's ammo tests: https://www.youtube.com/user/ShootingTheBull410
This series of videos are excellent. I agree with HST but went with 150gr designed for short bbl 9mm. Although it didn't take the award overall.

Not that it matters in this case but figured it'd save someone some ammo funds. Blazer aluminum case ammo will fail (ejecting) on PPS. Not worth it for range ammo for a PPS.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Remington Golden Sabers have a reputation for excellent feeding in about every pistol there is. I have never had a problem with Critical Defense myself, but have read and heard from others about the same problem; where it hangs up on the feed ramp. I use it in my snubbies, Gold Dots or HST in my semi-autos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi, I had the problem with Hornady critical defense. The issue....the crimping of the bullet tip where it wraps around the red polymer insert was getting caught on the bottom of the feed ramp. Not the barrel feed ramp but the lower feed ramp. When the first round is shot the second round tip would catch on the lower feed ramp. The crimped bullet tip was damaging the lower feed ramp....seemed like soft metal to me. I lightly sanded and polished the feed ramp and stopped using the Hornady rounds and the issue stopped....hope this helps. See pics (after I polished ramp)

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
Interesting post above. I know my pps classic in 9mm doesn't like hornady critical defense, it would have issues almost every other shot. I still about 9 rds of it from the box I bought yrs ago... maybe I'll see if I can determine what's going on for ****s and giggles next time I shoot.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

21 - 28 of 28 Posts