Walther Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so we were at the range last sunday. i was shooting the pps we all were no issues none with ammo or anything... so i fired of a mag and placed the pps down grabbed my smith and went back to the line and started shooting, my girlfriend loads up a mag and goes to shoot.... NOTHING happened.. she cocked it again nothing, i have her drop the mag and extract the round, no problems... she went to dry fire the striker forward and it didnt go forward... so we took off the quick safe tab again nothing the striker still didnt go forward, so then i cocked it again with out the backstrap on pulled the trigger and the striker finally went forward but didnt come back out when i cocked it again without the backstrap, so i put the backstrap back on cocked it striker came out but was back to square one trigger wont dry fire, wont do a damn thing... shes pissed hahaha i called S&W they gave me Walters # down in arkanas they arnt set up down there yet and wont be until mid feburary a personal outside the forum walther owner said that the fix was on here and it was kinda common amongst pps... its a model year AI(08) from what pilot steve was telling me its a no brainer but im quite fustrated with it i thought it just needed to be cleaned so i did that... not sure what to do if anyone could help bail me outta the dog house id owe ya one!:confused:

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ac, yes we tried the larger backstrap, I don't think the backstrap is the issue I'm 98% sure its in the trigger linkage... Which I hear has been problemmatic for others...

I really can't have 1 of our 2 handguns down until atleast mid Feb... They are our home defense/ personal carry... I don't have the money to buy a new one, and we live in a drug infested area so the idea of my girlfriend not having her carry piece is not settling well with me...

·
Registered
421 Posts
Field strip the weapon and look inside. Wiggle the trigger and see if the trigger bar is still in one piece.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dmars, I have it field stripped, looking at the trigger linkage I wiggle the trigger like you mentioned, the linkage goes back to the back of the mag well... It appears to be missing the little tab conncected to the part where its stamped with an H or the other letter to signify the trigger tension, I'm not sure if they ever touched. I don't remember if they ever touched... If that makes sense, i have tons of firearms expierence not so much with dealing with malfunctions, I've always been lucky and 5b is that in the back behind the well or is it at the actual trigger

·
Registered
421 Posts
Using Tanfoglio's picture, is anything broken or missing?

·
Registered
421 Posts
Visually, everything looks fine.

Try this: With the slide removed, get a coin, a quarter works well, and push inward on the disconnector tab. Yours is marked with an "H" for heavy trigger. It is fairly hard to push but about 1/8" movement inwards and the cruciform should pop up into its proper position. Now pull the trigger forward, the disconnector should pop back and when you allow the trigger to return to its full rearward position, the cruciform should drop back down into position.

·
Premium Member
6,228 Posts
Have you been able to get the cruciform back into position yet, ArmedVet? I'm anxiously watching this one for some reason... I love a good "I fixed it!" story!

-Pilotsteve

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Demars
It didn't work... I'm gonna have to send it in... It kinda worked once but the trigger pull was ridiculous. Oh well, I thank you greatly for trying to help me out with this.... Hopefully their on point in Arkansas and can get it back to me quickly!

·
Registered
421 Posts
Demars
It didn't work... I'm gonna have to send it in... It kinda worked once but the trigger pull was ridiculous. Oh well, I thank you greatly for trying to help me out with this.... Hopefully their on point in Arkansas and can get it back to me quickly!
Well hopefully it all goes well and you get a quick turn around on your weapon.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts