Walther Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would you suggest - and I'm not much of a "buying-stuff-off-the-internet" kinda guy...

So anything that I may be able to pick up in town?

Oh, and the burning question: leather or kydex?

·
Registered
411 Posts
Kydex IWB: Sidearmor
Kydex OWB: Blade-Tech
Leather IWB: Rafter S
Leather OWB: Rafter S

·
Registered
21 Posts
Actaully, I really like the Fobus. I carry everything in paddle holsters because I work for the State of Ga, and I can't carry in gov't buildings: hence, I'm constantly taking it off and on. The Fobii (is that the plural?) are very comfortable, and don't mess with the finish at all, and the model for the P99 is a perfect fit.

Best of all, they're about $20.00 delivered. I've been getting mine from Lippman Enterprises, and Bob offers great service.

..Joe

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have both the Fobus paddle and a Comp Tac C-Tac for my P99.  I also have a C-TAC for my Kimber.  The C-TAC is the way to go IMO.  I hear good things about Milt sparks as well, but they are a little more pricey, special order, and they are not tuckable that I am aware of.  Good luck.

·
Registered
69 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (joegerardi @ May 02 2004,11:17)]Actaully, I really like the Fobus. I carry everything in paddle holsters because I work for the State of Ga, and I can't carry in gov't buildings: hence, I'm constantly taking it off and on. The Fobii (is that the plural?) are very comfortable, and don't mess with the finish at all, and the model for the P99 is a perfect fit.

Best of all, they're about $20.00 delivered. I've been getting mine from Lippman Enterprises, and Bob offers great service.

..Joe
I just got my P99 by mail on Friday and I've been thinking I'd get a Fobus for OWB. Thanks for the Lippman lead Joe !! That's the best Fobus price I've seen w/ shipping (I love to save every penny I can).

I live in GA too, but work for a private company, i.e. no firearms on site. Just curious about your open carry.. or do you conceal OWB ? The whole open carry thing is still beyond me (legality, etc.)

BTW, I'm thinking I need to get a Sidearmor for IWB... pricey, but cheaper than C-TAC and most leather holsters, plus lots of people seem to like them Glock & Sig forums.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Side Armor does not have the 4th generation for the P99 yet. The 4th gen is what everyone really likes. I was going to try that one myself. You might check and see if they have started making it, but it will not be cheap either. If you call CompTac and tell them you want "the gun show price", you get them for something like $72 shipped. It's more than a Fobus, but to be honest, I really don't like my Fobus. If you are going to carry a gun, you should get a good holster and a good carry belt. I would not skimp out on these two things. Good luck with whatever you decide to get.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Fobus is fair as a range holster.
But for carry they are crap, they split apart at the rivets with even a half-hearted attempt at a disarm.
If someone want to strip your gun off of your body, the Fobus will give it up without a fight

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Take a look at Galco's "Fletch". Nicely contoured leather, durable, rides high enough to cover with a jacket, and very comfortable

·
Registered
21 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (DarthSkeeter @ May 02 2004,20:05)]I just got my P99 by mail on Friday and I've been thinking I'd get a Fobus for OWB. Thanks for the Lippman lead Joe !! That's the best Fobus price I've seen w/ shipping (I love to save every penny I can).

I live in GA too, but work for a private company, i.e. no firearms on site. Just curious about your open carry.. or do you conceal OWB ? The whole open carry thing is still beyond me (legality, etc.)

BTW, I'm thinking I need to get a Sidearmor for IWB... pricey, but cheaper than C-TAC and most leather holsters, plus lots of people seem to like them Glock & Sig forums.
I CCW. I dont really open carry, except when I'm nloading groceries, etc., at my condo. Then I don't care, and I live amongst enough rednecks that they don't care either!

Sidearmors are great holsters. I had one for my 1st G17, and if there was a paddle, I'd be getting one for my 2nd. Patricia and Jeff are the best!

..Joe

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
[b said:
Quote[/b] (MLB @ May 03 2004,08:44)]Take a look at Galco's "Fletch".  Nicely contoured leather, durable, rides high enough to cover with a jacket, and very comfortable
Yeah..I like the Fletch.

I had a few for my Glocks and they were really decent.

Ok...well, I'll have to investigate furthur. Thanks for all the replies.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I'd like to second the good opinion about FLETCH. It's a nice one.

Milt Sparks holsters are second to none - they are fantastic. I have two for my Kahr and love them.

Rafter S is a way to go if you like leather and want to keep it unexpensive. I think you will get the most for your money if you go with Rafter S. They are a very small family owned business, great and friendly folks. I can't recommend them strong enough. I currently have their two sharkskin belts and two more in cowhide are on their way. Nobody can beat their prices (go and find a quality sharkskin belt for $70.00). Their cowhide belts sold for $40.00. Check them out if you think about leather rig.

I personally didn't have a good experience with kydex. I had to return my C-TAC because it was chaffing my body and nothing helped. On the other hand, my Milt Sparks IWB Versa Max II is a true work of art. And it is tuckable - I have spare kydex clips for this purpose.

Hope that helps,
Val

1 - 12 of 12 Posts