Walther Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
found another that fit

I found a Galco stow-n-go IWB for a Springfield XD subcompact 3" to be an excellent fit. (STO444, natural, right handed, $25.) This is the holster with the somewhat thin and very soft leather. It's non molded, but looks like it will work well.

I might try to call up Galco to see if they have a similar model holster for something else that fits a P99.

Don

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Since we're still having trouble finding the guns ourselves, it'll probably be a little while before the holster makers are able to get the gun or an aluminum gun.
Agreed. But we all need to call them just the same to let them know that there is interest out here for such a holster and it will generate a bit of excitement....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Could you list some makes and models you've experienced this with? Did you buy and use any specific ones yet?
I have two, both Galco, both well broken-in. One is a Summer Comfort (IWB); the other is a two-slot FBI-cant belt slide whose model name I don't recall. When the trigger guard is all the way in, the muzzle is still about half an inch from the bottom of the holster. Because of the PPS' girth relative to that of a USPc, both are a little loose side-to-side, but I'd feel comfortable carrying in either with normal daily activity (walking, driving, getting groceries off of high shelves). I haven't yet put this to the test, as I have yet to get my PPS to the range and do a function check with carry ammo.

·
Registered
256 Posts
The PPS fits fine in my El Paso Saddlery 'High Slide' Holster that I purchased for my H&K P2000SK. The general outline of the pistols is close enough and there is enough adjustment in the adjustment screw to account for the thinness of the PPS compared to the P2000SK. I generally prefer holsters with thumb breaks / snaps to ensure a secure carry, however seems to be very adequate adjustment on the High Slide to make the PPS a nice tight fit.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was wondering that too. Looks like Comp-tac is on it.

To: "Team Comp-Tac" <[email protected]>
Sent: Thursday, August 02, 2007 5:35 AM
Subject: Enquiry from Comp-Tac : Products

>
> I was wondering if there are plans to produce holsters for the new Walther
> PPS? Mainly a CTAC or MTAC.
>
>

Hello William,
We do plan on introducing a M-TAC slide that will work for the PPS but it
may be several weeks. I hope this helps, J.B.
Comp-Tac Victory Gear
PO Box 1809
Spring, TX 77383
(281) 209-3040

·
Registered
225 Posts
I have a IWB/Belt Scabbard custom holster for my P99 from Black Hills Leather. I'm hoping that the PPS will fit it well enough that I can use it temporarily wihle I wait for them to get a model. Since I'm still waiting on my permit, I'm only wearing it around the house. I'm liking the holster more and more.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have contacted numerous holster manufactures, both large and small. I even contacted Horseshoe Leather, I thought that a company closer to Europe may already be producing a holster for a Euro-gun. No luck. Andy stated that he had no plans to make a holster for the PPS. All the other companies in the US stated that they do not make a holster for the PPS, and have no immediate plans to do so. I called BladeTech, as I think they make one of the best kydex products. The first contact was by phone, I left a msg on the voice mail, and no answer. I then emailed them, again no answer. Based on their lack of customer service, I will not buy their products. It is sad as they do have very high quality products.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Holsters designed for the HK P2000sk fit the PPS perfectly !

Next problem is a compatible mag pouch. I found a pouch from Lou Alessi that works but isn't perfect.

I ran another 50rds of Corbon DPX today without any problem at all. At close to 1200fps expansion isn't an issue and with DPX 12+ inches of penetration is a given.
Jim

·
Registered
256 Posts
Jim,
What I am currently using for my spare mag pouch is the Blackhawk injection molded type made for a single stack magazine, has a spring retention device in it that seems to hold the PPS mags very securely.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Pocket holster for PPS?

I got a first edition PPS about a month ago and I could not be happier. It is now my first choice for CC especially when not wearing a jacket. It is the perfect size for pocket carry. Does anyone know of a good pocket holster that would work? Also, has anyone seen extra mags available for sale?
Steever

·
Registered
256 Posts
Steever,

Elite Survival Systems brand ballistic nylon holsters have a removable belt clip so I find they can be used ok as pocket holster.

Ref mags, only place I know of right now is a fellow Klaus over in Germany that advertises on ebay and some of the auction sites that have heard has mags in stock and available. I'll see if I can find one of his ads or email address for you.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts