Walther Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Based on people's recommendations and some pics I've seen at the respective manufacturer's websites, I've decided to go with either a Sidearmor IWB or a Comp-Tac Gurkha IWB holster.

I have a question about the attachment methods. Sidearmor's website lists 3 different methods of attachment for the P99 IWB holster. They are J-Hook, Belt Loop, and Belt Hook. I looked at Sidearmor's FAQ and learned the difference between J-Hook and Belt-Loop, but I don't understand what the Belt-Hook is. I'm also wondering which type of attachment the Comp-Tac Gurkha uses.

What I'm looking for is a holster that is stable, but can be easily removed from my person without having to remove my belt.

·
Registered
411 Posts
You will have to remove your belt to take a IWB holster off.
I've never seen a quality IWB that would come off without removing your belt, unless it was a leather iWB with snaps like the Milt Sparks.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
I'll second the IWB holsters from Milt Sparks. I can take mine off and put them right back on all day with out taking my belt off and they stay put when I'm wearing them.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I use the SideArmor with the belt hook almost every day. It can easily be removed by loosening the belt making belt removal unnecessary. The belt hook is about 5 inches long and distributes the retention forces over a wider area. This puts more pressure on the holster keeping the pistol in tight and the wider mount points mean no shifting. I tuck the holster in with the forward hook lower than the rear, engage the forward hook, rotate the holster and engage the rear hook, and adjust the postion to exactly where I want it. It stays there until I remove it. I have yet to find a leather holster with leather snaps that will not shift its cant angle while attached.

...including a Milt Sparks Summer Special 2.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
gmchenry,
Thanks for the helpful info about the sidearmor holster. Do you know how the Belt Loop attachment method works?

-Satoshi

1 - 5 of 5 Posts