Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm not a big fan of the cross breed holsters but that looks like you did a good job!
Soy, dual clip LH IWB holsters for the P99 are few and far between. This one was "readily available." :) No wait.

When Comp-Tac makes their MTAC for the P99, I'll grab one in a minute.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think the MTAC is the one to beat today in terms of comfort, price, adaptability, and quality of workmanship. And Comp-Tac is fast. I got my MTAC (I have 3) in less than 2 weeks. As soon as they offer it for the P99 let me know!

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Holster looks good,, How much do they run?
Kev, they were running a introductory special on them for $70 but I think it's now expired and they are $80 (?). Still a bargain and they ship in a nano second. The popularity of this holster is driving a lot of other holster makers crazy. The CTAC has really taken off.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I meant to type MTAC not CTAC above. CTAC is another IWB holster made by Comp-Tac. Also nice but I prefer the newer MTAC.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The CTAC IS available now for the P99, LH or RH. I'd rather hold out for the MTAC though. In the meantime, I have my Crossbreed. She ain't pretty but she's got a nice personality.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Very nice and a great photo. :)

·
Registered
134 Posts
I have the Cross Breed Super Tuck with the newer and much better clips, which I like. What is it about the MTAC, which looks similar to the Cross Breed, that you find makes it a better holster then the Cross Breed?

I am asking this, not as a challenge, but because I am always looking for that "perfect" IWB holster. Thanks.

Ron

·
Registered
525 Posts
I have the Cross Breed Super Tuck with the newer and much better clips, which I like. What is it about the MTAC, which looks similar to the Cross Breed, that you find makes it a better holster then the Cross Breed?
I don't have either but I think the mtac looks tremendously better than the cross breed. The number one thing that I dislike about the cross breed is that appears to be a semi custom holster. The kydex is formed to your gun but the leather backing piece appears to be a generic cut and gets in the way behind the grip of the gun. The mtac is cut properly and the entire grip of the handgun is exposed.

My other issue with the crossbreed is that its super ugly. The hardware and craftsmanship looks to be far better on the mtac.

Ymmv and all that, I have a tucker answer and think I prefer all leather holsters anyway.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

I am asking this, not as a challenge, but because I am always looking for that "perfect" IWB holster. Thanks.

Ron
Ron, how do I say this without offending the Crossbreed fans of which I am one....add a little "beauty is in the eyes of the beholder" and the fact that I think the MTAC is a more refined holster, aesthetically more pleasing (subjective), and has IMHO better hardware (I have the upgraded CB clips as well and yes, they are an improvement). The Crossbreed also has more flexibility. You can order a Kydex insert for another gun and slap it on. Combine all this together with Comp-tac fast shipping (folks are getting their holsters in 2 weeks or less), and I think the MTAC has the edge. Having said that, some feel the CB SuperTuck is slightly more comfortable for all-day carry. I really can't distinguish any difference. I think a lot of it has to do with your built, the gun, and your belt. Bottom line, these are both good holsters and you won't go wrong with either.I hope I answered your question.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
By the way, there is no "perfect" holster. :)

·
Registered
910 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Comp-Tac MTAC on top, Cross Breed SuperTuck on bottom.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Ron, how do I say this without offending the Crossbreed fans of which I am one....add a little "beauty is in the eyes of the beholder" and the fact that I think the MTAC is a more refined holster, aesthetically more pleasing (subjective), and has IMHO better hardware (I have the upgraded CB clips as well and yes, they are an improvement). The Crossbreed also has more flexibility. You can order a Kydex insert for another gun and slap it on. Combine all this together with Comp-tac fast shipping (folks are getting their holsters in 2 weeks or less), and I think the MTAC has the edge. Having said that, some feel the CB SuperTuck is slightly more comfortable for all-day carry. I really can't distinguish any difference. I think a lot of it has to do with your built, the gun, and your belt. Bottom line, these are both good holsters and you won't go wrong with either.I hope I answered your question.
Thank you. Your response was exactly what I was looking for.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts