Walther Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
7,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A word of warning...do not by this holster for your PPK:

http://www.pocketholsters.com/Walther_Pocket_Wallet_Holster/walther_pocket_wallet_holster.html

I bought one and received it today. It's supposed to fit in your rear pocket so you can draw your pistol like you are reaching for a wallet. I tried getting it in my Wrangler blue jeans and in Dickies pants. It won't fit in either one's back pocket. Hopefully I can return it for credit.

Dep

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
7 Posts
A word of warning...do not by this holster for your PPK:

Dep
That's to bad it's a great little rig. I have it and use it daily with Levis jeans, Carhartt shorts and various brands of dress slacks. It fit's nicely in the back pocket of all of my pants. Have your pants shrunk due to over drying? I hope they will work with you on a return.

jwh

·
Registered
118 Posts
Also works great in the front pocket of my "cargo" shorts. Very comfortable.

·
Banned
7,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's to bad it's a great little rig. I have it and use it daily with Levis jeans, Carhartt shorts and various brands of dress slacks. It fit's nicely in the back pocket of all of my pants. Have your pants shrunk due to over drying? I hope they will work with you on a return.

jwh
Distinct possibility about shrikage of the pants. I thought all jeans shrank :D But I tried it in new Dickies and it didn't fit. Too dang wide. May see how it works in front pocket. No word yet on return. I'm not keen on an inside-the-pants waistband holster because they feel uncomfortable. It's so hot out here that a t-shirt is all I can wear.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
91 Posts
So how exactly are those meant to be worn in a back pocket? Is the idea to wear the leather panel out so you can't see the pistol's outline through your pants? If that's the case, I can't figure out how the one pictured on the linked site are right-handed.

·
Banned
7,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well last night I tried it in the front pocket and it STLL didn't fit. Quite honestly I can come up with a simpler, better design in about 5 minutes and already did. I also have NOT received an e-mail reply about returning this thing so I will have to phone them and talk to them.

Dave probably also hit on something with the problem of sitting on it. I bet that can get pretty uncomfortable. I may have to go back to my original plan of ordering the Pager Pal holster. I saw a lot of negative comments about it on the 1911 forum, so I went with this pocket holster instead. That may have been a mistake. :(

·
Banned
7,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just received a reply from the manufacturer of the wallet holster...

I found your email quite amusing. If you thought our holster would make your Walther magically decrease in size to fit into the rear pocket of a pair of Wrangler jeans, I'm sorry to have let you down. The Walther Pocket holster is best suited to be used in larger pocket pants, such as cargo or painter style pants.
The holsters are depicted on our website and are shown to scale with the Walther inserted. They are no larger nor smaller than depicted. Most people realize by the mere size of their firearm (Walthers, Glock 27's, Keltec 9mm's, Kahr's and Skyy's) that since the gun itself will not fit into a jeans pocket, putting into a holster will not alleviate this problem.
We do offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee, so you can just send the holster back for a refund. All that we ask is for you to include a short note as to why you are returning the holster.
It is a shame that we both wasted our time and money on this, when it is such an obvious situation.

Thank you for your interest in our holsters,

Roy Coogler
1-800-424-9352

·
Registered
117 Posts
That was kind of a jackass e-mail for him to send you. I can understand him being upset about having to give your money back but that's not a very business-like way to express it. I still plan on purchasing one of these myself. My pockets are plenty large enough for one. I just hope I don't have to send it back for any reason. :eek:

Have you looked at a simple IWB holster? There are ultra-thin suede holsters that will allow you to carry the PPK inside your waistband with no discomfort. I find the PPK to be my most comfortable IWB weapon.

·
Banned
7,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I was a bit upset about the reply. He ASSUMED I had the PPK BEFORE I ordered the holster. I didn't and really couldn't tell if the PPK would fit inside my jean pocket or not. If you do order one make sure you allow for pocket shrinkage from washing as well as this thing being designed for WIDE DEEP pockets. The beavertail DOES stick up above the top edge of the holster. Which is kinda BS.

jwh: I saw that holster in a similar ad calling it Thunder Wear. I worry about having a gun down there where it's subject to a good deal of body moisture (sweat). Even a stainless gun can get corrosion if exposed to strong enough body salts. Plus I have enough problems holding my regular pants up without keeping up another belt. :D

My last hope is either an ankle holster or the Pager Pal.

Dep

·
Banned
7,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That looks to me like an awful invention. It looks uncomfortable, like you'd have a pistol poking your junk all the time.

On the other hand, I hope it has minor success so I can sell them the trademark name "GUNDERWEAR." (TM) ;)
Actually, quite a few people seem to like it. Maybe they like a "roof" over their "junk"...ROFL. The Pager Pal goes either off to the left or right, so your junk isn't constantly "under the gun"...hehehe. Lots of negative comments about Pager Pal though. Has anyone ever tried it? Do they have a return policy?

Dep

·
Registered
2,785 Posts
If the holster maker gives a "satisfaction guarentee" then he really doesn't need to know your reason for the return. His rather sno**y reply is unwarranted.

I am a big fan of those old suede IWB holsters. Just remember they are terrible at holding the gun in with any physical exertion. I once got in a chase while wearing one for a S&W 2". I jumped off a curb onto the street, looking up I was surprised to see my 2" was floating in mid air in front of my face!! I was a young and nimble fellow then and Mr. Murphy was on vacation, I just reached out and grabbed the gun! PHEW!!!!

You also need to buy pants with a little extra room for these holsters to be the most comfortable. I personally think the best IWB would be a nicely boned number with a reinforced opening, and the wrap around leather belt loop with secure straps.

·
Banned
7,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
1 - 18 of 18 Posts