Walther Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Several years ago I had a holster for a Walther tph 22. Over the years I have eather sold or lost it. I have looked all over the internet and cannot find one like it. I know longer remember the make or model. The holster was small and made of black leather. It had a thumb break. If used on the right side it had a leather belt loop on the body side and a metal clip on the opposite side. Does anyone have any idea who made this holster or where i could get one?

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
It's a struggle. Most of the "one size fits all" small frame semi-auto holsters....don't really work for the TPH. I have no idea of the name of the holster you seek, but I found several holsters at the recent gun show. Pocket, hip, IWB and even a shoulder rig. The best thing to do is to take your gun to a gun show and simply find what works best. I have bought holsters that the seller absolutely guaranteed would work...that did not work.

Good luck!

·
Registered
713 Posts
I use a Tagua Gunleather holster that was made for a PPK. I had to "pinch" the holster shut where the top of the slide would be riding in the holster. I used a leather punch & went through both layers of leather. I then used 2 Chicago screws to pinch the holster closed. It holds my TPH nice and tight.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies. I am on a quest to find one like I had. Surely someone out there has seen one.

-"Even a blind hog finds an acorn once in a while!"-

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
I have used more Fist holsters than anything. I took an old one I had for a Keltec 380 & strangly it fit my PPK. I put a leather sweatshield on it & it is perfect. I have ordered 7 from them & just never got one for my PPK's. I did order one for them last week. They are in leather or ultra thin Kydex. I always get the thin Kydex as it is THIN. They have a retention built in that works. They can be one handed reholstered in the Kydex . They have a large easy to use clip & I am sure they will make for the TPH. They make them on order & start at $45.

I have tried a lot of IWB holsters & nothing compares to this. I did order the new one with a body shield.

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
From your description your old holster was likely a Bianchi or Safariland holster, I would check any old catalogs - if you can find some.

Otherwise look on ebay...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have found a holster that looks almost the same. The Desantis #032 Dual Carry made for a BERETTA 20/21A. Does anyone know if it will fit the TPH?

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
That's the problem OldGoat......most of these smaller holsters are listed as fitting the TPH, but they don't always work. You could take your chances, but the best bet is to hang on and take the gun to a show....and find one that fits.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good idea, however, I am in a power chair and and I have to depend on someone else to get me where I need to go. I've been able to get to one gun show in the last 5 years. I do most of my business online or at a local gun shop.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Back to square one. Mr Thies couldn't make what I needed. It was a great thought.

·
Registered
3 Posts
TPH Holster

I bought one of these off ebay: auction # 170879821761. It is IWB and fits the TPH like a glove, my only complaint is it bites in your skin a little from the rear of the slide. Other than that very nice for the price.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
I simply keep mine in a pocket holster that will fit either the front of back pocket. It's very comfortable and reachable as well as keeps the trash out of the gun. You also have to be careful about those as well. Many so-called small auto pocket holsters will not work with the TPH.

I would be happy to purchase you one at the next gun show and send it to you....if you want a pocket holster. I will take a picture of it and post here later. I believe I paid $15 for mine.

I have a lightweight shoulder rig that I use when I am on the tractor or the lawnmower, but those things make me feel like I am caught in a spiderweb.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Sorry, I posted the wrong auction #. Here is the correct one: ebay auction # 170881114852.
That's a real nice one, I think I'll have to pick one of them up. The pocket one that your first post sent me to is good looking too. I might have to get both and stop using a rigged holster that kind of works. Thanks for the posts.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Oldgoat, Check with the guy that's selling the holsters on ebay that mbenz posted. Maybe he could make up a custom one for you the way you want it. It looks like he has a TPH or at least has a blank of one so he can make holsters for them. It's worth a try.

Reactions: searcher451
1 - 18 of 18 Posts