Walther Forums banner

Holster for P99c

2K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  PX15 
#1 ·
Although I don't like IWB carry because I have found it very uncomfortable, I have decided I probably should have an IWB holster for times when it is not practical for me to pocket carry. So, I am searching for an IWB holster that is thin enough for me to wear comfortably in Florida. I came across a Fist model #K4 Kydex, that is made, they say, of very thin Kydex, and is also tuckable.

Any one have any experience with this holster? Thanks.

Ron

#4 ·
Shipwreck, I am aware of the search feature, and tried it without success. Please bear in mind that my post was not a general request for holster suggestions, but I was seeking feedback on a specific holster from anyone who had experience with that particular model.

Ron

#3 ·

I purchased the above pictured FIST Kydex iwb holster several months ago after reading about them on this forum.. I think I paid $34.95+shipping).

Last two photos are of my full size P99/AS in holster just to show you how it fits in comparison to the compact. It's a "two-fer"..

When I called and order my holster I inquired if there was a possibility that one holster would fit both my compact, and my full-size P99/AS's.... The person I spoke to was very professional and said that would be no problem as they could mold for the full size and cut for the compact.. (or the opposite, I forget which).. There would be no extra charge.

In a couple of weeks a pretty "homely" FIST Kydex came to my house, and I wasn't overly impressed with the external appearance.. Then I inserted my P99c/AS and it fit like it was born there. Snaps in securely, and the excellent retaining clip rides under the bottom of your belt so that when the pistol is withdrawn the holster stays home... You can actually hold the holster upside down (w/pistol in it of course), and the pistol will NOT fall out. But the pistol can be withdrawn easily if needed. The FIST Kydex holster is extremely slim and fits my needs perfectly.

I think the best testamony that I am satisfied with my FIST Kydex holster is that I shortly intend to order another one for my J-frame Smith. The FIST holster imo is an excellent holster, and well worth the money.. If anyone lifts your shirt, coat, whatever and comments on the external appearance of your IWB holster you are already in a world of hurt..

Excellent product, very nice folks to deal with, and the price is right.. I recommend them without reservation, and plan to buy more..

Hope this helps,

J. Pomeroy

#6 ·
p99c holster

I live in FL too, and had the same criteria. I've got the High Noon "split decision." http://www.highnoonholsters.com/Product_Line/Split_Decision/split_decision.html

Works great, tuckable, $35 for a good holster. Thin leather. Adjustable draw-tension. I ordered on Monday, got it the next day (Tuesday). Tax, shipping, and holster came to $44.

I did order the full-size P99 holster, and realized the next day that I should have ordered the S&W99 Compact. I just re-stitched the flap and cut the bottom with a razor. I should say, they have a 100% 30 day return policy, EVEN if you use it for 30 days, and EVEN if you ordered the wrong one like I did. They'll replace it, no prob. I just liked mine, and decided to spend 30 minutes "adjusting" it rather than send it back.

I don't know where you'll find a nicer holster for the price that ship's the same day. I'm no expert, but it made me happy :D

#8 ·
I live in FL too, and had the same criteria. I've got the High Noon "split decision." http://www.highnoonholsters.com/Product_Line/Split_Decision/split_decision.html

Works great, tuckable, $35 for a good holster. Thin leather. Adjustable draw-tension. I ordered on Monday, got it the next day (Tuesday). Tax, shipping, and holster came to $44.

I did order the full-size P99 holster, and realized the next day that I should have ordered the S&W99 Compact. I just re-stitched the flap and cut the bottom with a razor. I should say, they have a 100% 30 day return policy, EVEN if you use it for 30 days, and EVEN if you ordered the wrong one like I did. They'll replace it, no prob. I just liked mine, and decided to spend 30 minutes "adjusting" it rather than send it back.

I don't know where you'll find a nicer holster for the price that ship's the same day. I'm no expert, but it made me happy :D
Thanks, Michael. interesting, I looked at the High Noon web site, but saw that the P99c was not on their gun list. Never occured to me to check the S&W list for the S&W 99compact. I will check it out.

Ron

#10 ·
Go onto their website..... http://www.fist-inc.com/holsters/Default.htm
while I don't care much for the looks of that thin Kydex, most people whom report using it have good feedback.... also they offer the full sweatshield for the slide for just a few $ more....
FWIW, I do like their leather products much more

*edit to mention.... their metal clips are one of the best ones around... they will fit up to 1.75 inches and they have a tab so the clip won't come undone while you draw .....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.