Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I recently purchased a P99c QA and I'm having a heck of a time finding a CCW holster for it. I would prefer a IWB with a J-hook, but at this point, I'd be happy with anything! Has anyone had luck finding a holster for this model?

Thanks in advance for the info!

-Brad

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
[b said:
Quote[/b] (j_ratliffe @ April 19 2005,8:31)]side armor has about the best Kydex IWB holsters for the P99. check them out at www.sidearmor.com. i really like mine. it doesn't scratch the gun at all.
I've looked at them already, it doesn't look like they sell a holster for the compact P99.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have a Don Hume for my P99, but had to order it and wait three weeks for them to build it. It was not the most expensive holster on the market, but it has become my favorite and most comfortable IWB. Mine has the snaps, but I believe they have J hook models also.

LongRange

·
Registered
165 Posts
I've asked about the P99C holsters several times.
Are the holsters mentioned made specifically for the P99C?
I've tried my P99C in my regular P99 holsters but since the trigger guard is shaped different the fit wasn't quite right.
Can anyone confirm this area of fit specifically?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Emailed Don Hume about the P99C and their response was:

Sorry we do not have a Holster for that weapon.

Thank you,
Sales

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I received similar replies from Sidearmor and the other companies recommended.

So whats the deal? Other owners of the P99 Compact out there - Who makes your holsters and whats the model number?

Has anyone tried a glock holster for this weapon? They are about the same size.

·
Registered
47 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (AF-NCO @ April 22 2005,4:42)]So whats the deal? Other owners of the P99 Compact out there - Who makes your holsters and whats the model number?

Has anyone tried a glock holster for this weapon? They are about the same size.
Hi, first post - Brand new p99c owner - got it less than 5 hours ago.

Today, before I even bought the gun, I spent a good bit of time on the phone and on the internet trying to find a decent holster - without luck.

Some thoughts:

At the gunstore, I tried the P99c in a Desantis SOB holster made for a glock. It fit funny.

I also tried it in a FOBUS paddle. Now the fobus paddle was made for a P99 NOT a P99C. But, It fit like a glove. Snapped in very tight, no problems - well, except for the fact that it was a fobus.

The main problem is that I want an IWB.

So, I"m going to buy either a Comp-Tac, BladeTec, or Sidearmor next week and take my chances.

If it snaps in good, I'm going to get a dremel and cut off the excess kydex. Then smooth the ends with a soldering iron.

That is, unless any of you have already tried this without success.

There is also a holster maker pretty close to me that does some good work. I may approach him and see if he can do a custom IWB for me.

If he does, I'll make sure to send him all the business I can.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Send an email to Comptac and ask about the P99C. I got very quick responses earlier this week on my questions...and when I did order I had the holster in my hand less than 48 hours later!

I think the biggest "fit" issue is the trigger guard. Since the P99 and P99C have the same one, then I can't think of a reason that the P99 holster wouldn't fit (and your experience with the Fobus paddle bears that out.) There would just be some extra room at the end of the holster because the 99C is shorter.

I'd check with Comptac (tonight, even. I sent an email on Saturday night and got an answer!) and see what they say. I'm wearing mine right now and it's a great holster.

Jim

·
Registered
47 Posts
hey, thanks for the info.

I actually called CompTac today and spoke with them.

I just asked them if they had a holster to fit the P99C and the girl put me on hold, came back and said, "No, we don't have anything to fit it now". She told me to try bladetech.

I just realized my mistake though. I thought the trigger guard was different between the P99c & the P99.

I was thinking about the older trigger guard that was more concave on the front. Now, I see (from the pictures at Earl's) that the AS and AS compact have the same trigger guard.

I'm assuming your trigger guard looks like this:
http://www.carlwalther.com/images/p99as_2.jpg

Rather than this:
http://www.carlwalther.com/images/p99_arabesque_rt.jpg

Thanks again, I'm going to order a C-Tac next week.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi
I too just picked up a P99c 9mm.  I also have a SW99 compact .40 and a full size P99 9mm.  From the P99, I longed for a compact.  So when there was no Walther, the SW was going to have to do.  But I was not too keen on the .40.  The kick was hard and it was only a 8 rounder.  So, when finally Walter put out the compact.  I had a reason to buy it.  
  Back to your question.  I was very glad that all of my holsters for my SW fit my Walther.  I have two nylon DeSantis holsters, which I use often.  Style N87 Pro-Steath, for when I have my shirt tucked out.  Style N91 Tuck-This, for when I have my shirt tucked in.  That is the one with a "j" hook.  Both have a spare magazine pouch and both are just over 30 bucks.  And don't get Uncle Mike IWB holster; too loose and I didn't like the plastic clip.

Good Luck and Good Shooting

·
Registered
165 Posts
I have 2 of the older style P99's with the more square trigger guard. I also have a Comp-Tac holster that was made before the AS was available. The P99C does not fit the Comp-Tac, it will slide in the holster but there is not positive retention other than a friction fit.
I dug out an old Fobus and the P99C does in fact fit, it's about an inch too long but it does have positive retention.
It seems that if your holster will work on the newer style P99's then it should work on the P99C, it will be long though.
I'm still waiting for a holster made specifically for the P99C, I want the extra inch cut off.

·
Registered
310 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (autospike @ April 23 2005,12:02)]I just realized my mistake though.  I thought the trigger guard was different between the P99c & the P99.  

I was thinking about the older trigger guard that was more concave on the front.  Now, I see (from the pictures at Earl's) that the AS and AS compact have the same trigger guard.
There's a great picture on the FAQ site that shows a P99C superimposed over the outline of a full-size P99. Check here: http://www.praxagora.com/lunde/WaltherP99FAQ/VIII/7.html
It looked to me like the guns are identical except for the barrel and grip lengths.

I just went and checked my C-T.A.C. All of the retention is done at the trigger guard. The inside of the holster where the barrel rests is one size all the way down. I'm not trying to second-guess Comptac, but I can't see any reason the P99C wouldn't work with this holster. I think they have a pretty liberal return policy, so if you find it doesn't fit you can probably send it back with no problem. And if it does fit, let them know and they can expand their market!

Jim

·
Registered
47 Posts
Yelf,
What I think I hear you saying is that you have an "older" Comp-Tac. One that is made for the older style trigger guard.

But Jim, your Comp-Tac C-TAC is for the newer style trigger guard.

That's what I need. I'll call Comp-Tac tomorrow and talk to them again.

I too wanted one that was shorter, but I'll either live with it or do some surgery on it myself

·
Registered
47 Posts
Guys,

This is driving me nuts.

I called Comp-Tac today and talked to one of the guys.

He told me the compact WOULD NOT fit the C-TAC.

He told me they had tried it in the shop and it was a no go.

I forwarded him this picture:
http://www.carlwalther.com/images/p99c_gross.jpg

He said that the mold that they was different. He said that they are using a different style trigger guard.

·
Registered
47 Posts
When I bought the p99c, the gunstoreguy stuck it in a fobus and it DID fit. It clicked in - but it was a paddle and a fobus and I don't really care for either.

I *assumed* it was a holster made for the new style trigger guard. But now, after going to their site, I'm not so sure. It may just be a fluke that it fits so well.

Today I have called:
Comp-Tac
Kramer - they are going to call me back tomorrow - I sent them a pic.
DeSantis
Galco

None have a holster to fit a P99 (compact or fullsize) with the newer trigger guard.

Two of them tried to tell me I had a S&W (until I sent them a pic.)

I have an email into SideArmor.

Blade-Tech told me last week they didn't have anything for a Compact, but, I called them back today and spoke with someone. He didn't realize there had been a change and I just sent him a set of pictures.

I have 2 questions:
When (year / monh) did Walther change the trigger guard?

Has anyone gotten their NEW STYLE Walther to fit in an older kydex or *formed* leather rig? When I say fit, I mean, does it have good retention.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts