Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alrighty then!
Just received my optic plate from Walther(finally)
I ordered the #2 which states that it is for Holosun 507
I got the 507K-X2
Does not look like it will fit
What now?
Do I need a different plate?
Or is there a trick to this thing?

·
Premium Member
14,304 Posts
I found this here Holosun 507K X2 and here Footprints/Mounting Standards on Red Dot Sights - Optics info

The text in red/bold at the bottom is the pertinent part. The 507K has a different footprint than the 407C, 507C and 508T....confusing huh.

The Holosun 507K feature a modification of the Shield footprint. The differences are:
  • the two rear sockets are missing (so does that mean you could maching off the rear nubs on the plate)?
  • the sockets in the front are shallower (and shorten the front nubs to match the depth of the sockets)?
So, could you do the mods in green and get er' to fit? This shouldn't be this hard....is this a FU on somebody's part?

Could C&H make a correctly fitting plate for the 507K? If it were me, I'd be talking to these guys.

About the model family
The 507 is one of the model families in the Reflex series. The first number '5' in its name means that the user can switch between a 2 MOA dot; 2 MOA dot surrounded by a 32 MOA circle or a 32 MOA ring only.

About the product (HS 507 K X2)
Holosun 507 K X2 is a red dot sight from the Reflex series.

The letter 'K' indicates the red dot sight's unique, miniature shape which makes it ideal for pistol use. It has a modification of the Shield RMS footprint instead of the Trijicon RMR footprint found on 407C, 507C, and 508T.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I found this here Holosun 507K X2 and here Footprints/Mounting Standards on Red Dot Sights - Optics info

The text in red/bold at the bottom is the pertinent part. The 507K has a different footprint than the 407C, 507C and 508T....confusing huh.

The Holosun 507K feature a modification of the Shield footprint. The differences are:
  • the two rear sockets are missing (so does that mean you could maching off the rear nubs on the plate)?
  • the sockets in the front are shallower (and shorten the front nubs to match the depth of the sockets)?
So, could you do the mods in green and get er' to fit? This shouldn't be this hard....is this a FU on somebody's part?

Could C&H make a correctly fitting plate for the 507K? If it were me, I'd be talking to these guys.

About the model family
The 507 is one of the model families in the Reflex series. The first number '5' in its name means that the user can switch between a 2 MOA dot; 2 MOA dot surrounded by a 32 MOA circle or a 32 MOA ring only.

About the product (HS 507 K X2)
Holosun 507 K X2 is a red dot sight from the Reflex series.

The letter 'K' indicates the red dot sight's unique, miniature shape which makes it ideal for pistol use. It has a modification of the Shield RMS footprint instead of the Trijicon RMR footprint found on 407C, 507C, and 508T.
Thanks for the info
I guess I didn't realize that there was a difference between the 507k and 507c
I just ordered the right plate from C&H
I guess I have to wait..... AGAIN!!!!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thanks for the info
I guess I didn't realize that there was a difference between the 507k and 507c
I just ordered the right plate from C&H
I guess I have to wait..... AGAIN!!!!!
Unfortunately, it may be a while. I ordered that same plate from C&H over a week ago. It is still “processing”. When I contacted them to get an estimated ship date, they said they intentionally don’t give ship dates and it will ship when it ships. Getting very frustrated with this whole optic plate thing.

If it matters, the optic plate that I requested from Walther still has not arrived and that was requested almost a month ago. Got the email saying 7-14 days right after I requested it. Not that it would fit anyway (thus the C&H order).

·
Registered
59 Posts
Before ordering my RDS, I spoke with a representative at Walther and explained that I was looking at the Holosun 507C and 507K. He explained that they have a different footprint and that the Walther plate only works with the 507C. That made my choice pretty easy and I got the 507C X2.

·
Registered
P22, PPS, PPQ, PDP
60 Posts
I've never had any issues with C&H. Received everything in less than 5 days completely across the country.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've never had any issues with C&H. Received everything in less than 5 days completely across the country.
I wish my experience was like that. I called them yesterday to again check the status of the Holosun 407k/507k plate that I ordered two weeks ago. They said that it will likely be another two weeks before they ship that one out since they are now out of stock. The website now shows that plate is on backorder (didn't say that last week). I imagine their service is probably pretty good if they have the items in stock, but when they are out of stock, the service falls apart. I think they are too small and are in over their heads for what is expected in eCommerce nowadays. Customers expect the website to be accurate if an item is in stock. Customers expect the order confirmation email to have an estimated ship date. Customers expect that if an item is on backorder, that an estimate is given for when it will be back in stock. This is just basic customer service for eCommerce nowadays. As it is, C&H is just leaving customers in the dark when they aren't able to ship things immediately.

I've contacted them twice now for the same order status. The first one said nothing about any backorder on that item and that it would probably ship out soon but refused to give a date... just said it will ship when it ships and to watch my email (felt pretty rude, but I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt). The second contact was over a week after that first contact and now suddenly the item I ordered two weeks ago is out of stock and it will be at least two more weeks before it ships (again, with no specific date).

Unfortunately, there is no other company making optic plates for the PDP and these small Holosun Red dots; so I'm stuck waiting for a company that can't get their [stuff] together to actually ship one.

·
Registered
P22, PPS, PPQ, PDP
60 Posts
I wish my experience was like that. I called them yesterday to again check the status of the Holosun 407k/507k plate that I ordered two weeks ago. They said that it will likely be another two weeks before they ship that one out since they are now out of stock. The website now shows that plate is on backorder (didn't say that last week). I imagine their service is probably pretty good if they have the items in stock, but when they are out of stock, the service falls apart. I think they are too small and are in over their heads for what is expected in eCommerce nowadays. Customers expect the website to be accurate if an item is in stock. Customers expect the order confirmation email to have an estimated ship date. Customers expect that if an item is on backorder, that an estimate is given for when it will be back in stock. This is just basic customer service for eCommerce nowadays. As it is, C&H is just leaving customers in the dark when they aren't able to ship things immediately.

I've contacted them twice now for the same order status. The first one said nothing about any backorder on that item and that it would probably ship out that week but refused to give a date... just said it will ship when it ships and to watch my email (felt pretty rude, but I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt). The second contact was over a week after that first contact and now suddenly the item I ordered two weeks ago is out of stock and it will be at least two more weeks before it ships (again, with no specific date).

Unfortunately, there is no other company making optic plates for the PDP and these small Holosun Red dots; so I'm stuck waiting for a company that can't get their [stuff] together to actually ship one.
I hear what you're saying but there's a lot of times I've placed an order at places and then they cancel it and says it out of stock. Even Walther was out of stock.

C&H makes a better product and where hit hard. Again, I get what you're saying but there's a reason you went to C&H.

·
Registered
20 Posts
One correction (I updated my post). The first guy at C&H never said he thought it would ship that week. I checked the chat log and he said he thought it would ship "soon". I got my calls mixed up. It was the guy at Walther that said he thought the Walther plate would ship that week (totally different call 3 weeks ago and also the reason why I ordered the C&H plate since the Walther guy said they didn't have nay plates to fit a 507k and I'd have to go to C&H to get one). (Still haven't gotten that Walther plate either - If I had it, I could file the rear lugs off and shorten the front ones and use it temporarily while waiting for the C&H plate.).

As for C&H, I want to be clear that I'm not saying they're a bad company or that they make bad products. I have no basis to make either of those claims. I am saying that they could do better about shipping estimates and stock levels on their website and emails. Again, I think they are likely in way over their heads and did not expect the level of demand for their products. Their website/ecommerce systems are not set up to handle the load and issues with delayed products. All my frustration could have easily been avoided if their website had said that item was out of stock and was expected to be back in stock on xxx date. Then I would have ordered it and waited patiently. ...Or even if the confirmation email had said, "sorry, this item is currently out of stock but we'll ship it as soon as we have more. We estimate that to be xxx date." Simple communication and not leaving customers to wonder why they haven't shipped anything yet goes a LONG way to make customers happy and keep them coming back.

First world problems, I suppose.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I hear what you're saying but there's a lot of times I've placed an order at places and then they cancel it and says it out of stock. Even Walther was out of stock.

C&H makes a better product and where hit hard. Again, I get what you're saying but there's a reason you went to C&H.
So now I’m really confused! #2 plate fits correctly on the PDP for 507 K or C?

·
Registered
20 Posts
So now I’m really confused! #2 plate fits correctly on the PDP for 507 K or C?
Walther has a default plate for the 507c. That may be the number 2, but I’m not sure.

The 507k uses a modified shield RMS style mount. Walther does not have a mounting plate for that modified RMS style. To get that plate, you have to go to C&H.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well,a little faster than what they told me
I received the plate today and already installed it
Looks great
Now I just need to makes some time to go to the range and try this bad boy!!

·
Registered
P22, PPS, PPQ, PDP
60 Posts
Looks great
Nice. I just
Sent my PPQ in to be milled yesterday

·
Registered
20 Posts
Looks great

Glad to hear you got yours all done. I also got my C&H plate today. Unfortunately it was missing one of the screws to secure the Holosun to the plate/T-nuts. Sigh... More waiting for them to mail me out the other screw.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Can someone post a pic of it on their pdp with the HS507k-x2 mounted pls. I have a Hs 507K-x2 on my glock 43x and I'm considering trying it on my pdp when I'm home in a few weeks but I'm just curious to see how well it will fit since the optic is tiny.

·
Registered
P22, PPS, PPQ, PDP
60 Posts
Can someone post a pic of it on their pdp with the HS507k-x2 mounted pls. I have a Hs 507K-x2 on my glock 43x and I'm considering trying it on my pdp when I'm home in a few weeks but I'm just curious to see how well it will fit since the optic is tiny.
It's not much but there it is
I like that light. It blends in well. What brand/model is that?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts