1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Maunhrin PP.
I want to use it for occasional carry.
I want to use Federal 65gr Hydroshoks.
Does anybody know of any issues with using this ammo??
The problem I am wondering about is the infamous rim lock that is prevalent with the Kel-Tek product.
In order to fire HPs through it, you have to do extensive magazine modifications!! I'd rather not do that to my vintage Walther!!

Any advice would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
I have used the hydroshoks in my PP before without any problems. That's not to say your won't have a problem though. I know it will be expensive to do, but I'd just go buy a box and shoot the whole box up in both magazine. If you didn't experience any problems, then go buy another box and use that ammo for your carry.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have tested them before without any problems.
The problems associated with the P32 gave brief pause!!!

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
I hate to rain on the parade, but I have rimlock issues with my 32 cal. PP. It is with Speer gold dot and happened to the spare mag I carried in my pocket. Movement causes the cases to shift forward creating rim lock. My solution is to have one hollowpoint on the top and the rest full metal jacket. That way if you have a hollow point in the tube, you get the first two shots hollow points, after that I figure one would need more penetration with the fmj's. I never had problems with a freshly loaded mag, but the cases did shift and lock the rims together with time.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh Lordy!!
Ok. I was hoping to not have to do this!! I found some aftermarket mags. What I think I'll do is buy one, do the modification, then test it.

I won't be able to do it for awhile, though!! The mags cost $30 a pop!!

·
Registered
713 Posts
If you all ready test fired and didn't have a problem then why worry.Now 32auto HP come in several OAL I think silvertips and Gold dot are the shortest. So get the oal for ball and find HP the same or as close as possible.Then the rounds won't be moving around. Nowyou won't need to mess up a couple of good mags. I never heard of rim lock till people started shooting HP's instead of what the pistol was made for BALL.:blues:

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tombeis @ June 28 2005,22:31)]Do not the PPK mags from Walther function?  I don't like aftermarket mags for any pistol.
Smith and Wesson did some tweeking and I found that the mags do not interchange!!
BTW, my PP is French, not American!!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Most French guns are advertised as "Like new, only dropped once." LOL!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts