Walther Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone recommend a make/type of 380 auto hollowpoint ammo that feeds reliably in a PPK?

·
Registered
821 Posts
Mine seems to like hydrashocks allright.

I have a cop buddy who trusts nothing but CorBon Blue, they have a ball ammo profile, so they feed just fine.

As for the Gold Dots, have those in my P99, though I don't know if they feed well in the PPK... The "mouth" on the Gold Dots seems wider than the hydrashoks. I wonder if this affects feeding in the PPK.

-stunks

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (stunksinatl @ April 22 2005,5:46)]The "mouth" on the Gold Dots seems wider than the hydrashoks.  I wonder if this affects feeding in the PPK.

-stunks
It can effect the feeding. The PPK was originally designed to feed only ball ammo, mainly because that was what they mainly had back then. There are similar issues with the 1911. You'll have "old timers" swear up and down that hollow points won't work in 1911's, and maybe that is true for the older ones, but now days I've had 1911's that eat up everything I've ever fed them.

As for the PPK, I would just try a bunch of different ammo and then make a decision based on the results. If you reload, you can find Hornady, Speer and other bullets just like the ones they use in their commercially sold ammo and try out the different bullets that way, for a lot cheaper than buying the commercially made stuff.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts