Walther Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I know this is a Walther forum but I'm sure I'm not the only one here that enjoys other fine German firearms.

I take this as good news. HK was rumored to be in a tough financial situation for a while.

Sounds like they are now profitable and has new owners that know they are in the firearms business.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
This on the coattails of SIG being shut down in Germany. Luxembourg company planning on just keeping everything humming or do they want to move it to Luxembourg??

·
Super Moderator
7,356 Posts
German firearm export restrictions are really stiff (recall the months long delay for the new PPK), so perhaps they are moving to Luxembourg for the same reasons Beretta fled Maryland?
Moon

·
Registered
294 Posts
I’m more of an HK guy myself. The German government hasn’t been all that friendly with HK. From the G36 fiasco to the recent selection of the Haenel Defense rifle to replace the G36, its been a heavy hit to their finances. However, other militaries from other countries will still keep them afloat. Perhaps with the change of ownership civilians may finally be able to enjoy some of their more elusive items like a semi HK433.

I don’t think HK will be going anywhere for awhile.

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
My impression is they live and die by large military contracts.
Incidentally, the German army just decided to replace their current H&K G36 assault rifle with an AR-15 variant produced by a boutique company under Arab control with like 9 employees.

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Incidentally, the German army just decided to replace their current H&K G36 assault rifle with an AR-15 variant produced by a boutique company under Arab control with like 9 employees.

I saw that. Apparently the design team for the Haenel rifle are the same guys who designed the HK416.

It's probably a very good rifle. The question is can Haenal produce the rifle in the needed quantities???

I'm sure losing out on this contract stings but HK still plenty of military work.

·
Read Only
5,165 Posts
And speaking of coming out with a new model that was supposed to go back to the roots..look at the Mustang II, the last generation of the chevy nova, the monte carlo, the thunderbird....

The Creed.

I can go on, and on, and on till the roosters crow, but I'm sure the point's made LOL

·
Registered
294 Posts
never owned an H&K but I would hate to see them go. quality weapons and a good reputation.
You owe it to yourself to at least own one. The HK P7 series is close to feeling Walther-esque. The rest of the line is basically USP based with exception to the VP9, which is a rival to the PPQ

·
Registered
141 Posts
I've been an H&K fan for years. I've owned a few and still have a P7. I still regret selling my H&K91. That said I've had little incentive to buy a new one. When I was looking for a steel plate competition gun I looked at the VP-9 long slide. The problem was that to get a long slide model you had to buy a standard pistol, then pay $400 or $500 for the slide assembly. Not sure it they offer a long slide pistol now but they didn't when I was looking. I ended up with a Q5 Match because it came configured as a long slide pistol from the factory.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts