Walther Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,275 Posts
I have a 9mm P30L V3. In HK speak that means DA/SA with decocker and long barrel but no safety. It has the most comfortable grip of any polymer pistol that I've handled. It's similar to a PPQ grip but just a little nicer. I like its trigger better than the P226 and CZ75B but it's not as nice as a 92FS. The paddle magazine release is shorter than on the PPQ. The decocker works well as long as you're right handed.

$480 is a great price for it. I think I paid twice that for mine a few years ago.

·
Registered
3,478 Posts
A nice price for a nice gun worth owning. Personally, I am not a fan of that two-tone look, I would prefer all black or all gray, but that is just me.

·
Registered
211 Posts
The P30 is a great gun

I have a P30 with Lem trigger. It sits on my night stand. It was my first gun and has excellent ergonomics. Holding it feels right and it has never failed me. At that price, it is a steal.

·
Premium Member
13,914 Posts
I bought --mostly just to study-- a P30 V1 with the LEM Lite trigger (no decocker or manual safety) a couple years ago and have shot it quite a bit. It is an impressive pistol, the most technologically advanced semi-auto made today. I regard it as much safer than a Glock.

M

·
Registered
135 Posts
I currently own 3 pistols: a PPKS, a Sig P229 in 9mm, and a HK P30.

Actually, the P30 is my wife's. The reason she particularly likes it is it has interchangeable backstraps as well as side panels, so you can really downsize the grip for her small hands. Additionally, she can rack the slide on it better than any pistol she has tried.

My "go to" favorite the Sig, which is in the Enhanced Elite model they no longer make. Wonderful trigger with a short reset. Just a wonderful feel in use.

I make the point about the Sig because the differences between it and the P30 are slight. One is the adjustable grip. Another is that the frame is plastic while the Sig is metal. The P30 frame is well made, and much better made than a S&W M&P I dumped, where the frame was beginning to distort.

I would not hesitate for a minute getting the P30. Its the second best pistol I have ever fired, after the Sig. And that price for the P30 makes it one heck of a bargain. It is normally (or used to be) a $1,000 pistol.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I bought one of the P30's from Classic Guns about a month or so ago. They are great. I found some black grip panels and backstrap on eBay to dress it up a bit. You can't go wrong with an HK.

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
I’ve got a P30s V3, so DA/SA with a safety. I love it- it’s a laser. My every day carry is a CCP and the p30 feels like its big brother.
I paid $480 for mine used/like new and was very happy with that price.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.