Walther Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the HK P30. I haven't been able to put my hands on one yet. I was wondering if the grip is as comfortable as the P99. Are Heckler and Koch handguns worth the high price tag. Probably a dumb question to ask here, but if you could only own one of these two firearms which would it be and why.

·
Registered
4,343 Posts
The P30 isn't out yet - so, it remains to be seen. They have been released in Europe, from what I understand from HK Pro - but we'll have to see.

I have yet to find any other gun I like as much as the P99 A/S.

·
Registered
4,343 Posts
That date keeps bouncing around - MAYBE Oct-Dec. WHo knows. They may just put it off until the Shot Show early next year.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
From what I understand the BATF is the hold up..... but don't quote me please......

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That is were I first saw it. It is the only handgun I have found that makes me think twice about my P99 purchase in the near future. As I cannot afford to buy them both. I am no expert but it always seems HK guns are always a couple of hundred dollars more than comprable products, is there a legitimate reason or are you just paying for the name? Feel free to correct me if this is a false observation.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
the few plcases that have it listed start at $755 + tax

·
Registered
4,343 Posts
HK is quality stuff, but they are always super expensive. They know their stuff sells, so they apparently feel they can charge well for it...

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I do like the idea of being able to enter SA with one hand just by cocking the hammer, but I don't know if that is worth the extra price. I also wonder haw "snaggy" the hammer, slide release, and rail would be on the P30 for carry. Does anyone know how HK's costomer service, parts availability, etc. compares to Walther's?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Does anyone know how HK's costomer service, parts availability, etc. compares to Walther's?
Walther's customer service is Smith & Wesson and they provide outstanding service to your needs and questions.

HK's customer service - Unless you are LE, military or government, fugged about it!!! It sucks. Don't get me wrong, HK products are great and outstanding; it's their customer service that sucks.

Parts availability - depend what gun models, but if it's P30 vs P99, P99 may have moe parts as it has been around since at least 1996 while the P30 is more recent.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
HK's customer service - Unless you are LE, military or government, fugged about it!!! It sucks. Don't get me wrong, HK products are great and outstanding; it's their customer service that sucks.
This isn't the case anymore.... sincever H&K moved their civilian sales to Trussville, it has changed alot.... HK even has a working webstore.
I would not compare the two since they are over 10 years appart in release and developement.... HK is just another company to copy the Walther grip design and interchangeable grip pannels. However they took it one step further with the side pannels on the P30.
I think the P99 is the best combat handgun for the money.... and the P30 will be yet another great combat handgun once it is on the market....

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm looking forward to the HK45 more, personally...
I'm waiting impatiently for the HK45c, but the size and weight put me off a bit. (25.28 oz., 7.2"L x 5.6"H x 1.4"W), which is bigger all around than the HK USPc 45 (28.2 oz, 7.1"L x 5.1"H x 1.1"W).

(For reference, the P99c is 18.1 oz, 6.6"L x 4.3"H x 1.3"W and the HK P2000SK is 22.4 oz., 6.4"L x 4.6"H x 1.3"W.)

Shot my P99c next to an HK USP Compact 45ACP and a Glock 33 (357 Sig) on Sunday.

The P99c is an excellent shooter... after having the P99c only a few months,
I actually got rid of my long time buddy, a SW 5906 I bought in 1988.

The HK USPc 45 is a nice shoot, so I expect the same from the HK45.

I also recall shooting a G30 or G36 (both 45ACP) a few months ago, and it was fine. I'm not a Glock man, and I hate the mag release. The G33 was a nice shoot, except for the mag release.

I think the P99c stacks up well to the HK for quality and as I saw recently elsewhere, 100% reliable is 100%, and anything else means you can't count on it for your safety. HK warranty is for the lifetime of the original purchaser.

I'd really like a P99c in 357 Sig, so I'm planning on a HK P2000SK. Less wrist pain than with the .40, and faster reacquisition of target for me.

·
Registered
4,343 Posts
Well, I only need 1 9mm carry gun. I never shoot sub 4" barrelled guns as well. So, I try not to accumulate a lot of them, since I only carry 1 gun anyway. My USPc was an exception, but it has taken me a hell of a lot of practice to shoot that gun well. And, I still shoot my P99c better (but I don't shoot anything as well as my fullsize P99).

I want ONE 45 again soon - just haven't decided what it will be. I don't I'm gonna go with anymore 1911s. And, out of all the upcoming, polymer 45s - the HK45 gets my interest the most.

·
Registered
28 Posts
This isn't the case anymore.... sincever H&K moved their civilian sales to Trussville, it has changed alot.... HK even has a working webstore.
In that case, I'll buy their products again. I used to buy their products 10 years ago (HK91 nd P7M8), but stopped buying due to the sh*tty treatment their customer service gave me at the time.

I would not compare the two since they are over 10 years appart in release and developement.... HK is just another company to copy the Walther grip design and interchangeable grip pannels. However they took it one step further with the side pannels on the P30.
I certainly agree 100% with you, but as they say "imitation is the sincerest form of flattery", there are other companies are doing it also (Beretta with the PX4 and SW with their M&P series among others)

I think the P99 is the best combat handgun for the money.... and the P30 will be yet another great combat handgun once it is on the market....
True about the P99. The P30 sounds like it will be great combat handgun, but for the money, I doubt it as HK products tend to be very expensive.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts