Walther Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I am new to this forum, and I will pick up my P99 this evening. I will primarily be using it for IDPA competition, so I want to add a fiber-optic sight to it.

I noticed on waltherusa that they do have a HiViz front sight listed for the P99, but there is no information as to which sight blade the HiViz might replace.

I am worried that if I get this, that without adjustible rear sights my point of aim might be off. My P99 is a 9mm, I'll primarily be shooting 124gr. reloads made up to meet IDPA power factor.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So many views and not one of you has anything to say about using this sight on a 9mm vs. a .40?

·
Registered
280 Posts
criticism? Well then, here are my thoughts which are only musings. Usually I think most of us end up leaving the mid length front sight(the one it comes with) in the gun as it works fine for the majority. Then we go and get night sights which are only of 1 heigth. I guess that means they are pretty well dialed in. You could call Earl's repair service and ask for some info about this sight and its adjustabilty. I don't think a lot of us have it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts