Walther Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am hoping someone can provide me or tell me where to find additional information on a Walther PP and a Walther PPK I have.
PP SN: 204617 P

PPK SN: 844947
I believe each of these pistols were SS assigned. I have one matching SN magazine for each and appropriate holsters.
H/E I would like to dig deeper and try to find any additional information such as: what organization each may have been originally issued; whether these may have utilized with uniformed or plain clothes organizations; if uniformed where might I find photos of uniforms; essentially I'd like to find and document as much as possible regarding these two firearms.
Thanks for any information anyone may provide!!

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Steven Stepan’s book “SS Walther PP/PPK Identification and Documents” is the definitive reference. If your pistols are SS issue, the book will help you to identify that. If the inventory records still exist, they are in this book as well. I believe it’s still commercially available; the original version, the so called Red Book by Dieter Marshall, is out of print.

- gonzo, SoCenPA. "Before all else, be armed." --Niccolo Machiavelli

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
PPK

This is the last set.
IF anyone might have information to offer regarding this pistol, such as what organization it might have been originally sent, what uniform that organization might have worn, etc in addition to what is in the Stepan Gold Edition or where I might find additional information, I would greatly appreciate it.

Attachments

·
Registered
820 Posts
SORRY. pictures were for my PP,SN: 204617P
Well you appear to have one of the RSHA issued Walther PPs that display the associated physical characteristics of this contract. Unfortunately, Stepan's book won't be of any help as your pistol is not listed with the inventory cards included with the documentation of the Red Book, from which Stepan sourced his information. There is at this time no way to connect your pistol to any particular unit or person, other than to say it was of the RSHA contract.

If your early PPK has the serial number stamped (not engraved) on the slide beneath the muzzle, then it to was part of the earlier Sicherheitspolizei (SIPO) contract. And neither was that serial number listed with the inventory cards of the RSHA provided in the Red Book.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts