Walther Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Administrator and others,
There is now the distinct possibility of someone importing a small batch of the Hirtenberger 9x18 Ultra(Police). After twenty-odd years they might make a reappearance here in CONUS. Here's the link for the "feeler", http://sigforum.com/eve....8102657

Any interest shown here, I will forward to the possible importer.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
I posted.....
what do you think the price might be....
for FMJ I just don't want to pay too much....but I sure wouldn't mind having another 1000 rounds sitting in my safe

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
IIRC, in the late 80s I paid $8.00 per box of 50 out west in the four corners area. I don't remember buying 500 rds. Bought all he had.

However, I did post here about a year ago about an auction in Germany where the final price was around 30 Euros or so. For a package of 250.

If I were to take a guess, I'd say about $20.00/50. Considering that Geco is $8.00/50 and the new Fiocchi(blue box) is around $20.00/20. The old Fiocchi(purple box) went for $19.00/50.

If only for its rarity now, at least one(1) box I'd recommend. Unless you want to go for the gusto. However, keep in mind the S&S GDHP loading. Better than ball for SD. For plinking, Geco can't be beat. Did you stretch the mainspring?

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
No I did not strech the main spring yet.... though I had it out the other day.... when I took the grips off once more looking at them to see how hard it would be to make custom wood grips.
I do have a recoil spring on the way though.... the slide does not go full forward on it's own when not released through the slide release....though it might be the tight fit the PP Super has.....
I did take her to the range again on Saturday.... and she worked great ....so I think the hard primers occure just here and there...and I am not going to change any springs till she is refinished....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts