Walther Forums banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
Well, to be fair, he thinks Glocks have great triggers.

No accounting for taste, I guess.
That's not an issue of taste, but one of medication being required. I've fired Glocks that had nice triggers, after about $150 or work, but never out of the box - ever.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
This left me wondering if you choose your female companionship like you choose your firearms. :eek: ;)

Thankfully, with so many choices, it's not an either/or decision. You actually can buy a beautiful gun that is reliable, accurate, carries well, etc (unless it's a Hi Point, where the only thing beautiful about it is the value-to-price ratio) ... so why would you even consider an ugly gun?

Surreal

P.S. Price is the usual reason, by the way...
I disagree. There is no "beautiful gun" LOL that meets my criteria for a 15 round compact CCW pistol like the Glock 19 as far as size, weight, reliability, durability, performance, and ability to run well for extended periods of time with minimal/no maintenance and lubrication.

I have some really nice looking metal frame pistols but my choices for CCW are all homely poly frame pistols and price has nothing to do with it.

·
Super Moderator
3,869 Posts
I disagree. There is no "beautiful gun" LOL that meets my criteria for a 15 round compact CCW pistol...
Perhaps that's because you want 15 rounds in something 'compact' that has a certain look.

I'd like to remain warm while snow skiing all day in southern Florida in June wearing nothing but swimming trunks & skis .... without using snow machines to make the snow. That desire is a lot like you wanting a crap-ton of rounds in a tiny package that looks a certain way -- conflicted. And conflicted solutions built to meet conflicted requirements tend to look pretty ... conflicted.

·
Super Moderator
3,869 Posts
A G19 is a compact?

....speechless.
Technically, per industry classification, it is. (i.e. It's not full-size, and it's not a sub-compact; it's a compact firearm.)

But on me ... no. I had trouble making the G19 disappear since I'm not a big guy and since I wasn't able to dress around the gun at the time due to a work-required mode of dress. All of that changed when I got my first PPS Classic ... which is svelt/slim compared to its fat-ass Glock 19 sibling.

Sure, I traded a double-stack for a single stack ... but if I need more than 6+1 and then a spare magazine, then I am toast, anyway. This is the very point I was hinting at when responding to grumpy1. He seems to want high capacity in a carry gun which just shouldn't be needed in most self defense situations that, themselves, have a miniscule chance of arising. (Obviously, there's the outlier terrorist situation in a mall or something, but you're more likely to be struck by lightning a few times than for that to happen to you.)

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
Hmm. Well, for argument's sake (lol), I consider the PPQ "duty" sized, the PPS a compact, and anything lesser in stature than the PPS a subcompact. S&W BG380, LC9, etc.

Of those "mouse guns" I have little tolerance for, save for maybe the hottest of days wear clothing, if any, is very minimal. Could do like IAOF, wear a gun belt and nothing else....(i have....don't ask for pics, there are none, and I'd hate to be responsible for someone's dying of laughter, to say nothing of the subsequent manslaughter charges) :p;):D:eek:

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hickok, Sootch and other gun guys on YT are entertaining but I don't rely on them to make decisions on whether to buy the gun they're reviewing. Hickok rarely has anything negative to say, nor does Sootch and especially GunBlast (Jeff Quinn) who has never met a firearm he didn't love. Take it with a grain of salt. These guys are there mostly to pay back the suppliers for all the free stuff they get. You don't bite the hand that feeds you.

·
Registered
3,300 Posts
Um, TWSS? :D

·
Registered
23 Posts
He raved about how nice the trigger was ... a trigger that I personally feel is gritty, has far too much takeup, and breaks as crisply play-doh.

Overall it was a decent review, but if that's his idea of a good trigger, he likes a lot of things I don't. :)

I have 850 rounds through my Creed and the trigger feels fantastic. I say its about 4.5 lbs now and the wall is crisp and smooth. I have to admit, I do feel a slight click right before the wall intermittently. Its not bad though. I may have my gunsmith look at it. It may just be a burr that need smoothing by the sear. Other then that, its a light solid trigger that is a joy to fire.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts